1.    #1  
    I've read about this before but can't find anything as I do a search. For 9 months now my phone has not seen the card and there is some info I need to get to that resides on it.

How can I make my 755 see the card? Removing and reinstalling it doesn't work.
  2.    #2  
    Please help me with this. I am stuck. Even if you can point me to a previous thread or the correct search term to use.

Thanks in advance.
    see post #36 from this link it might help you:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=166055&page=2
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  4.    #4  
    This isn't quite my problem. I have a card that my phone used to be able to see. It is installed in the slot, it has backups, photos, programs and such, but it's not showing as having a card.
    if you put the card in a card reader, can your pc see it?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    Yes it can.
    Do you have a lot of apps/utils that run "in the background", such as, for example, Butler, VolumeCare, mVoice, ScreenShot5? In other words, apps and utils that you need to "enable" in order for them to work as intended.

In the meantime, try doing a Warm Reset: remove the battery, and then, as you reinsert it, press the UP key and hold it until the device boots up. Then, see if your SD is accessible. I've had this problem in varying degrees on my 650, 680, and now 755. My friend has experienced it on his Centro. If the warm reset gives you back access to the SD, you can get to your stuff on there, then if you want to actually fix the problem, we can discuss it more...

Good luck,
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  8.    #8  
    Yes, I do have several programs in the background. I finally found the term I need to search and that was "mount the card". From this I found a thread mentioning Safeguard as a program ($20) that prevents this problem. I downloaded it an hour ago and got to my card.

I'd be very eager to hear if you have a lower cost solution.

Thanks for your help.
    You bet I do. It's called CleanStart, and it's FREE. Made by Alex Pruss. I like it better than UnCache (Dmitry Grinberg), which was $5. Anyway, CleanStart will allow you to enable/disable any/all apps/ROM apps/Pref panels from being notified of a reset. The only things that need to be notified, at least among your third-party apps, are ones that need to be enabled in their own prefs. Apparently, if too many apps are set to be notified...well, I don't know exactly WHY the SD slot is the thing that suffers, but it does! I have even successfully used CleanStart to disable the MyTreo app from being notified, which keeps it from constantly setting system alarms for it to auto-sync (even though I have that feature disabled in MyTreo). Plus, CleanStart lets you save "profiles" for different configurations of which apps are and aren't notified of a reset.

Get CleanStart here. And be careful of what you disable. If you're not sure what it is, leave it enabled.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for your help sportyrydr. Safeguard really slowed down my already slow phone. CleanStart took care of it. It appears Chatter is the source of my problems. Once is disabled it all was working fine. I have Chatter running as a IMAP and would like it to start after a reset. Any idea if there is a program that I set to start Chatter 2 minutes after a reset or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    It appears Chatter is the source of my problems. Once is disabled it all was working fine. I have Chatter running as a IMAP and would like it to start after a reset. Any idea if there is a program that I set to start Chatter 2 minutes after a reset or something?
    Sure, there is a program that can do that. However, it's not free, and you might not need it. Do you have Chatter itself configured in its System Preferences to "Start Chatter at Reset"? I found that once I had disabled in CleanStart all the 3rd-party apps that could be disabled (i.e. NOT notified of a reset), I still had issues, so I started disabling ROM apps. Some examples of apps you should be able to safely disable in ROM are:

Documents
    SlideshowToGo
    PDFToGo
    WordToGo
    MyTreo (if you DON'T use it)
    Quick Tour
    Calc
    Camcorder
    Camera
    Contacts (and Address)
    Memos (and Memo Pad)
    Tasks (and ToDo List)
    Get Nuance
    Get Good
    Google Maps

Just a sampling. This helped my 755 greatly. Make sure Chatter IS enabled in CleanStart.

The app you can use to run Chatter 2 min after a reset is Apt. It is a powerful macro utility for PalmOS. Currently, I have it set to run Khroma and activate the current theme after a reset (I don't use Khroma Quickchange).

But try the other stuff first. You might not need Apt. OTOH, you may really like Apt! Good luck! Gotta run.
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Another piece of crap I deleted is all the Addit files.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamHelberg View Post
    Another piece of crap I deleted is all the Addit files.

Adam
    Definitely! And disable it in HotSync Manager, or the files will come right back. If I remember correctly, MyTreo goes with AddIt.
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    Definitely! And disable it in HotSync Manager, or the files will come right back. If I remember correctly, MyTreo goes with AddIt.

I don't see any Addit conduits in my HotSync. I have Quick Install, Install, Install Service Templates, and Install to Card. Anyone know what all these do?

Adam
  15.    #15  
    Clean Start has been great. Not only does it allow me to get to the card, but the occassional reset is MUCH quicker. Thanks again!!!
    I don't see any Addit conduits in my HotSync. I have Quick Install, Install, Install Service Templates, and Install to Card. Anyone know what all these do?

Adam
    Both Quick Install and Install are used for installing applications from the desktop during HotSync. I never understood why Palm decided to have TWO install utilities, but Quick Install has been abolished in Palm Desktop 6 installation. Install Service Templates: "This install conduit downloads network script commands from .pnc and .scp files into the handheld's primary memory." (Access Developer Network) Install To Card will install an application directly to an expansion card in your device.

The MyTreo/MyCentro apps incorporate Addit as a facility to allow you to browse and purchase software "on the go" (Who's THAT busy!?), which then gets installed to your device, when you Hotsync, via the Addit conduit. I think that's the way it works.

Here's the press release from Palm regarding Addit. It may no longer be included in a brand new Palm Desktop/Hotsync installation. I've always installed new versions over previous versions, to keep from reinstalling my 3rd-party conduits, so it may be left over from a previous installation.

Mark
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    Clean Start has been great. Not only does it allow me to get to the card, but the occassional reset is MUCH quicker. Thanks again!!!
    My pleasure! It's definitely one of my must-haves.
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    Both Quick Install and Install are used for installing applications from the desktop during HotSync. I never understood why Palm decided to have TWO install utilities, but Quick Install has been abolished in Palm Desktop 6 installation. Install Service Templates: "This install conduit downloads network script commands from .pnc and .scp files into the handheld's primary memory." (Access Developer Network) Install To Card will install an application directly to an expansion card in your device.

The MyTreo/MyCentro apps incorporate Addit as a facility to allow you to browse and purchase software "on the go" (Who's THAT busy!?), which then gets installed to your device, when you Hotsync, via the Addit conduit. I think that's the way it works.

Here's the press release from Palm regarding Addit. It may no longer be included in a brand new Palm Desktop/Hotsync installation. I've always installed new versions over previous versions, to keep from reinstalling my 3rd-party conduits, so it may be left over from a previous installation.

Mark
    Thanks for that. The one I still don't understand is Install Service Templates. What if disable this to do nothing?
    Thanks for that. The one I still don't understand is Install Service Templates. What if disable this to do nothing?
    You're quite welcome. Heheh, honestly, I never knew what it was either till I investigated it for my previous post. Unless you KNOW you need it (e.g., you need to install .pnc or .scp file), I'm pretty sure it's fine to disable it. In fact, I'm going to do so myself right now. The Help page for "Change Hotsync Action" in PD 6.2 (the Access version) doesn't even mention that conduit. Again, it may be there for me (and others) because I always UPGRADE Palm Desktop rather than doing a clean install for new versions...
    "Riding for the Son" <><