Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have your worst Treo nightmare: my Treo 755 p was lost, and at the same time my hard-drive crashed (fatally). I have no other backup (stupidly, next time I will!). I'm going to try to recover the files from the hard-drive (it will probably required the head-assembly to be replaced at a lab, at considerable expense -- $700?).

My question: what are the filenames for my Contacts, Calendar, Memos, Messages, Photos, etc. for the 755? (For older models I see it is address.dat and calendar.dat for the first two, but I don't know if they're the same for the 755p, nor the names of the other apps.)

I want to make sure these files are recovered first, before anything else.

(Am I correct that I can then copy them into my new computer, and HotSync will read them?)

Many thanks!

P.S. Not Treo-related, but in case your hard-drive is making bad sounds, look on this URL to diagnose the sounds (*after* you back it up!!!):
    datacent dot com / hard_drive_sounds.php
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just 'chatted' online with someone from Palm support. He says the filenames for the 755p are:

Addressbook.dat (Contacts), Datebook.dat (Calender), Memo.dat (Memos).

And -- located in the backup folder, C:\Program Files\Palm\Username)\Backup -- Messages.pdb (messages)

I have not yet confirmed this. It is odd to me that a google search for these filenames comes up with no results. No-one has ever put on the internet the filenames of Palm Treo data files? Seems unlikely...