1.    #1  
    This past week my centro suddenly started to have sever battery drain while on standby. Normally I can get at least 3 days with normal use now the phone barely lasts a day. Any help would be appreciated. I am not using bluetooth or data.
    Did you install any third party apps?
  3. j3n
    I had the same problem after having it for only 20 days. I did have TreoLauncher installed, so I figured that was the problem. I uninstalled it, but on day 28 (of a 30 day warranty) it still wouldnt last more than a day.

I exchanged it with no problems. So far I'm on the third month of my second Centro, and the battery lasts between 2-3 days (depending on how much I text)
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Might be the SprintMobileEmail/ExpressMail. Its been known to get the network connection "stuck" on. Either disable push or install PowerHero and set it to disconnect after a minute of network inactivity.
    I'm having the exact same problem with my Verizon Centro. It had been working fine for almost 6 months. Then the other day I used the phone extensively to the point where the battery completely drained and died. So I plugged it in overnight for a full recharge. The next day, even with the phone off, the battery drained within about 6 hours. I don't have any new 3rd party apps installed so I don't know what the culprit is. I may have to do a hard reset to see if that solves the problem.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    You could try Power Hero. Among other things, you can have the phone disconnect from the network a few minutes after you stop using it. It also keeps a log of the Centro's "sleep."