• takephone

25 92.59%
  • pwhelo Skin

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok I used a Pwehlo Skin with minimal problems. When I used TakePhone the first time on a trial all hell broke loose. I am still tempted to try it again and hope for the best but I am still a little nervous.

The free vs pay element isn't an issue to me. If itll be stable this time around, I might be ok with paying for TakePhone.

So what do you think? Go back with the Pwehlo or give TakePhone another whirl? Has anyone with Takephone ever had any issues with it causing major resets or any sort of known conflicts?
    I've never used Pwehlo skin. However I do use Takephone. It's been rock solid on my VZW Centro. Never caused any problems.
    TAKEphONE is functional, stable and has a great display with a great selection of free skins.
    While you're at it, take a look at 2day and 4cast from the same developer.

Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I love alot of the things that I see that Pwhelo has created, however very few of them have worked on my Verizon 700p, so I chose TAKEphONE
    Owner of KonvicteD RydeS Inc.

http://www.myspace.com/konvictedrydes

Treo 600====>Treo650====>Treo700p===>Samsung Omnia i910
    My guess is that either the app became corrupted during installation or it conflicted with some other software you had. I have to say that TAKEphONE is one of my favorite programs and has been very stable and I have a LOT of programs on my phone. Try it again and just post if you have issues and we'll help you walk through it.
    All for One and One for All!
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I am trying to convince myself. The massive reset loops that receiving calls caused with TakePhone are a huge worry. I had to assume some kind of conflict but I couldn't identify what it was....I only have a few programs on here:

Facebook App
    FileZ
    List
    TreoLnchr
    NV Backup
    Power Hero
    TCPMP
    WWCalc
    Have u guys tried the newest release of TAKEphONE??? The newest is 7.7 and I havent had any crashes since installing
    Owner of KonvicteD RydeS Inc.

http://www.myspace.com/konvictedrydes

Treo 600====>Treo650====>Treo700p===>Samsung Omnia i910
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I am trying to convince myself. The massive reset loops that receiving calls caused with TakePhone are a huge worry.
    That should not have caused any problems as it is only a dialer and does not handle incoming calls. With that said, there is one setting on the Treo/CEntro tab for Returning after a call. You might want to set that to do not return.

Now the question is this: is the PwheloSkin you are talking about a program or a hack? Could the conflict be with it?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I use TAKEphONE and haven't had any problems on my 755p. Very reliable, lots of features and the developer is very responsive.
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    That should not have caused any problems as it is only a dialer and does not handle incoming calls. With that said, there is one setting on the Treo/CEntro tab for Returning after a call. You might want to set that to do not return.

Now the question is this: is the PwheloSkin you are talking about a program or a hack? Could the conflict be with it?
    I didn't have the skin on there at the time, so there was no conflict with that skin whatsoever. In fact at the time, the only things I had on there were TCPMP, TreoLnchr, FileZ and NVBackup.

Ill give it another go though.
    ame,
    What device are you using?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I have a Centro (sprint)
    TAKEPhone, it rocks!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I would have to go with phwelo. I really like my gel skin he made for me!! I've never tried takephone and probably won't I'm happy with my skin.
    The pwheloskins are just that....skins. TAKEphONE is a very good app that adds functionality to your phone AND allows you to skin the application. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Although Pwhelo hasn't made any skins for TAKEphONE, I'm sure one of the five or six skinners in the TAKEphONE skin thread would be willing to convert one of his skins over for use on TAKEphONE. Don't knock a product until you've tried it.
    Last edited by Treo Musketeers; 12/02/2008 at 08:04 AM.
    I use TAKEphONE in my Sprint Centro, and its a solid app. I only had one problem, and it had to do with my very own settings lol.
  17. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The pwheloskins are just that....skins. TAKEphONE is a very good app that adds functionality to your phone AND allows you to skin the application. Its like comparing apples and oranges. Although Pwhelo hasn't made any skins for TAKEphONE, I'm sure one of the five or six skinners in the TAKEphONE skin thread would be willing to convert one of his skins over for use on TAKEphONE. Don't knock a product until you've tried it.
    I have tried it, I abandoned it pretty quickly. Did you not read my posting that said MASSIVE RESETS?

I put it back on yesterday afternoon and so far I have found very little worth paying for.

A skin is really all I need. And need is a strong word. The functionality of TakePhone is really lost on me. All I want is to make the phone app look nice and I liked the idea of the iBar. And that's not customizable the way I want it to be customizable.
    what do you want to put on the ibar that you can't?
  19. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Not so much put in as take out. I pretty much don't want any cells that are blank showing. So if I preassign 0-9 that's the only stuff I want to see at any time, so I see 0-4 on screen one. Click arrow to go to either way, I only want to see 5-9 and not 10-49 blanks. Yknow what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I have tried it, I abandoned it pretty quickly. Did you not read my posting that said MASSIVE RESETS?

I put it back on yesterday afternoon and so far I have found very little worth paying for.

A skin is really all I need. And need is a strong word. The functionality of TakePhone is really lost on me. All I want is to make the phone app look nice and I liked the idea of the iBar. And that's not customizable the way I want it to be customizable.
    Yes, I read your post. Did you read mine in post #5? The issue was not with the app, but either with the installation or a software conflict. Stop being so egocentric. The post you're quoting of me was intended for Felicia. If all you want to do is skin the phone app then stick with Pwhelo's skin. TAKEphONE is a very simple app, which is one of the things I love. It adds great functionality to looking up contacts. Just start typing and all the contacts with that name come up. Having your five most often called people on the front screen is also a great advantage. Switching skins with seasons, holidays, etc. is fun, but its your dime, don't buy the program if you don't want to.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast