• takephone

25 92.59%
  • pwhelo Skin

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    fstopstigmata!!!
    Could you post the Wood Floor background I would love to have that for my black Centro / or is it a skin
    Last edited by jdfrye; 12/06/2008 at 09:41 PM.
    I don't come close to using everything TakePhone offers, but the contacts search alone is worth the price of admission. I've got probably 600 to 700 contacts (maybe more), and Takephone makes it so much easier to find who I'm looking for. I can put in "Steve" if I don't remember a last time, and find everyone named Steve. I can put in "IBM" and find every contact I have who works for IBM. (I can even put "Steve IBM" and find only those Steves who work there.) I can put in "Meyer" and find every family member.

Takephone even lets me search in specific categories. I rarely delete a contact, but people I've lost touch with, or no longer have business with, I put into an archive category. Takephone lets me exclude that category from my searches. Or conversely, lets me search only 1 category.

If you've only got a dozen or so contacts, then this won't matter. But for someone like me that regular Palm contact search is painful by comparison.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
    fstopstigmata!!!
    Could you post the Wood Floor background I would love to have that for my black Centro / or is it a skin
    Yea, Here you go:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...1228746246.jpg

I saw it in this person's Mac setup & really liked it:

http://th08.deviantart.com/fs21/300W...pickupjojo.jpg

So I downloaded it and cropped/resized it to fit the Centro screen.

I don't use the iBar because I think it takes up too much space on-screen (I have the redial set up tp full-screen it when I need it) and it looks real sharp with a minimalist display:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...8124-83628.jpg
    (Now if I could only get rid of that "All...[0]" line!)

I'm constantly thieving desktop wallpapers & cropping them for my Centro. iPhone wallpapers work really well, too, since one dimension is already sized to fit the Centro screen. Plus you can browse & download iPhone wallpapers OTA & use them right away, as long as they auto-crop to look decent in the program you're using. And there's an ENDLESS supply of iPhone wallpapers available, since it's the 'must-have' device at the moment. =/
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Yeah Dude I have tried many backgrounds on my Centro but this one is dope! (LOL i said dope, and I'm $40ish)
    Thanks so much! What is the skin that has those transparent icons on the bottom?
    Last edited by jdfrye; 12/08/2008 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
    Yeah Dude I have tried many backgrounds on my Centro but this one is dope! (LOL i said dope, and I'm $40ish)
    Thanks so much! What is the skin that has those transparent icons on the bottom?
    It's made by user NachoB. Here's the InvisibleWhite and InvisibleBlack links:

New Skins.. post #1234
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    It's made by user NachoB. Here's the InvisibleWhite and InvisibleBlack links:

BOOM!!

Thats it. I'm set..Thanks for your time mate.
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    that doesn't mean that takephone is the one with the problem. It could be something else not playing nicely with takephone.
    Having used the program with nothing else on the phone at all...I am pointing the finger back at TakePhone. It just does not function right on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Give a zero out reset a try. Maybe somethings not jivin on your perticular phone. I mean sometimes things like that happen. I had an app that worked perfectly on one treo and caused resets in another.

zero out reset install the latest release of takephone (not beta) and see if it still resets. if it does you will just have to face the fact that there is something about your perticular phone that causes the resets with this app.

if after the zero out reset takephone does not crash then try installing a phwelo skin file and see if everything is still ok.

That's the most you can do really.
    Ok--
    I have completely wiped and reset like 10 times around this app. It just does not work on my phone. Even when it's the only third-party on here. I have no different apps than most other people that use the program so I can't believe it's some sort of software conflict.

The iBar situation doesn't work right no matter what version/release of that program I use. I started with the last stable release, then did the betas. Nothing works right.

The Phwelo skin files work fine. No resets with them.
    can someone give me a link to PwheloSkin?, or what I can search for?

I tried searching for PwheloSkin, but I find nothing. I also tried searching for Pwhelo, but only found this thread and 1 other...both only mentioned the skins.

Thanks,
    Bill
    whats the memory footprint of takephone?
    There is no such thing as PhweloSkin so you will never find it. What you will find are Skins made by Phwelo at Centro.Phwelo. Have fun.
    thanks Babywayne
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123