Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • takephone

25 92.59%
  • pwhelo Skin

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Not so much put in as take out. I pretty much don't want any cells that are blank showing. So if I preassign 0-9 that's the only stuff I want to see at any time, so I see 0-4 on screen one. Click arrow to go to either way, I only want to see 5-9 and not 10-49 blanks. Yknow what I mean?
    No I don't actually. I have 9 defined and they are the only ones I see. After arrowing beyond 9 I get 1 again. Maybe in "Buttons & Navigation" you haven't go "on i-Bar - skip empty cells" checked.

Takephone is far more than just a skinning program. Being able to launch your favourite applications from it means that it has become my default power-up application.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Stop being so egocentric.
    EXCUSE ME? If you were intending to address someone else, you failed to effectively do so. And instead you speak to the general mass, and the original poster--ME--like a TOOL. It was RUDE AND UNNECESSARY.

I understand it's functionality perfectly fine, I am not an *****. I just don't have a huge need for all of it's functionality. I want my phone app to look more appealing and have easier speed-dialing functionality. That's honestly all I need. I can find my contacts just fine. I was simply asking for input. Your guess as to it's prior failure with me was as good as mine, I stated the exact same reasoning I said I thought it was fouling my phone up the first time.

But thank you for speaking down to me, I hadn't had enough of that for one day at work, I am so glad I had the opportunity to receive it online from a total stranger who had been helpful up to the point of offending me for not sharing his ideology perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    No I don't actually. I have 9 defined and they are the only ones I see. After arrowing beyond 9 I get 1 again. Maybe in "Buttons & Navigation" you haven't go "on i-Bar - skip empty cells" checked.
    Ok I clicked that and it didn't skip them. That was actually the first item I tried....I wonder if I missed clicking an OK somewhere to make it stick?

Takephone is far more than just a skinning program. Being able to launch your favourite applications from it means that it has become my default power-up application.
    I honestly only use the phone app for phone stuff usually. I use TreoLauncher for the rest and prefer it, honestly. And besides the web, which I typically go to through TreoLauncher also, I use the messaging app and calendar app the most and I have those hard-keyed.
    I have "on i-Bar - skip empty cells" checked yet the empty cells still show up in I-Bar -- doesn't seem to matter whether it's checked or not.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip10 View Post
    I have "on i-Bar - skip empty cells" checked yet the empty cells still show up in I-Bar -- doesn't seem to matter whether it's checked or not.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip10 View Post
    Must be another setting. Mine certainly only shows defined buttons. It would be worth asking the developer. He is very responsive to questions. Surprised that he hasn't chimed in here.
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I posted the other day on MyTreo's Shsh forum and he hasn't yet responded there either.
    Here's the thing: With the "skip empty cells" box checked, you're still going to have the empty cells display if your ibar items are NOT a multiple of 5, since it displays in sets of 5. If it scrolled, then maybe it could flawlessly blend, but for the time being, this is the way the program is written & that's the way it goes. Maybe Johncc hasn't noticed it because he by-chance has a multiple-of-5 predefined ibar shortcuts.

Here's what the last scroll of my ibar looks like before returning to the default set:
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...8124-81928.jpg
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    But I DO have them in sets of 5. I just have 2 sets of 5. I did so on purpose so I wouldn't have any blanks. And I still end up with PAGES of blank squares.
    Have you tried re-downloading Takephone? Possibly a different version? Which version do you have?
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    The last "real" release. 7.70. I don't typically go for Beta's.
    Try it and see. It's just as stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Maybe Johncc hasn't noticed it because he by-chance has a multiple-of-5 predefined ibar shortcuts.
    You are right of course. Had 10. Adding 1 gives me 4 blanks. (The blanks are not included in the scrolling though.)
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok Ill redownload the beta and see what happens, thanks!
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ok it's still doing it. And even when Ive disabled screens (redail, etc) they still come up.
    I have takephone on 2 centros and a 755p and no problems at all.

I actually used phwelos pink buttons skin along with takephone on my wifes centro for almost a year and no resetting problems.

You probably have some sort of corrupt file or something that will require a hard reset to correct.
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    OK I just spent two hours this morning doing a hard-reset and installing a fresh install of the newest TakePhone. Still no change. Is it because it's the trial app or is it just not cooperating with my phone?

So I just re-hard-reset the phone and restored from the NVBackup I made before installing TakePhone.
    odd

you check to see what the crash log said caused the reset?
  18. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    It said "no errors recorded in log". I have never gotten this program to "log" and error even though it's absolutely that program every time. Because without TakePhone on here, I don't have resets.
    that doesn't mean that takephone is the one with the problem. It could be something else not playing nicely with takephone.
    Give a zero out reset a try. Maybe somethings not jivin on your perticular phone. I mean sometimes things like that happen. I had an app that worked perfectly on one treo and caused resets in another.

zero out reset install the latest release of takephone (not beta) and see if it still resets. if it does you will just have to face the fact that there is something about your perticular phone that causes the resets with this app.

if after the zero out reset takephone does not crash then try installing a phwelo skin file and see if everything is still ok.

That's the most you can do really.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast