1.    #1  
    I am a happy 755p owner. Getting a bit worried withword that there will not b a new version of Google Maps for the Palm and other news. What to do now? I like what I have but if there is no future, where to turn?: confused:
    if you like what you have, why not just use it, and wait to see what happens? I still don't see another phone, from Palm or anyone else, that meets my needs as well as the 755, so I'll just wait.
    I ditto meyerweb.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Agreed here too. There are a heck of a lot of us in the same boat. I just hope my 755p makes it til a suitable (preferably much enhanced/improved) replacement comes out.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    marcberg, do you need a hug? i remain hopeful of a new, improved replacement next year. until then , i will continue to use & enjoy my 755p.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My 2 year contract w/ Sprint is up next week, and my 755 is getting long in the tooth. (Battery cover won't stay on, scratches on the screen & body.) So I just bought a used Centro on eBay for $75 so that I have something "new" as a stopgap, and don't have to lock in to another 2 yr contract, between now and when Palm's next thing comes out.

Love how the Blackberry's new Bold & Storm screens look, but the ease of use of my 755p still makes it (or the Centro) my first choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sstlthy View Post
    So I just bought a used Centro on eBay for $75 so that I have something "new" as a stopgap, and don't have to lock in to another 2 yr contract, between now and when Palm's next thing comes out.

How much is Sprint going to charge you to activate the Centro?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    There is no charge to swap phones on sprint. I do it all the time on their website. it is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    There is no charge to swap phones on sprint. I do it all the time on their website. it is great.
    Tks gadgetfreak.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    This guy is no dummy and for him to have his firm invest 100 Million in Palm is a huge statement. He is saying they can still compete against BB and Apple. They most likely will follow the Sun strategy where they will be a niche but profitable player.

My daugter and couple buddies have the Iphone and yet I cannot see how they can use this for business. All want to show me the cool fun aps yet when I asked to see Word or Powerpoint (docs to go), none could produce or made an excuse they don't need this. Also when I showed them my 650's catagories in Memo section, they could not produce anything similar. Also the moaning was loud on At&T pricing plans. I could not believe what they pay vs what I am getting on my sprint plan for the Treo and six other phones in my business. Wifi on the apple is neat though.

Palm tells me I have 90 days support from Palm ( not sprint for new treo 755)and I can get a live aid to assist (via webex) in upgrade for $25.00. So I am hoping that the Rev B has all the 755 issues resolved and I will not need to ever return. I have no time for techy issues since the phone is a business tool not a fun toy.

Lets hope the 100 million bet is on Nova which will produce a PDA to get PALM back in the game and reward us 755P followers. As long as the migration path is there, phone is reliable and Palm has features that make me productive in business--I will stay with them. I can wait on the Iphone like features. In any case, BB and Iphone are the clear leaders--lets just Palm can get the nod for third in the PDA race.

I am upgrading the 650 to 755P next week.
    I too was thinking my palm was long in the tooth. So I upgraded to a HTC Touch Pro. BIG mistake. Besides being unusable as a single handed device, I put a small scratch in it the first night with my *fingernail*. This has never happened on my Palm and I have used it for years with no protector. I know the 755 isn't as flashy anymore but give me function over form anyday. Will just patiently wait on the Pre!