Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I have a 4 GB Kingston HDSC card and I had taken it out to copy some pics down to my Mac and to add a few music files.

When I put the card back in it did register, but the strange thing here is that while I can manually select the the "Kingston ..." category, it shows no files. I have like 500 pics in the DCIM directory, and a bunch of apps that used to run off of the card. I can still access the pics from the Palm picture viewer and the RescoViewer.

I then formatted the card in Windoze as Fat32 with 32 k blocks, copied a few pics over, and the same thing- nothing in th Palm launcher, etc.

I'm actually an "IT" guy and can usually figure this out but i'm stumpped.

Also, this is a 1 month old Rev B Treo 755 that I just got. The only thing I thought it may be was a problem with the Dynex card reader i use. but i checked the Permissions and all seem good.
    Any advice, etc, would be greatly appreciated, as i do not want to have to trad this in again as I patiently await either the new Palm OS or a G-Phone.

Everything (well in a treo sense) was working fine until this.

Please HELP !!!

thank you
    Are the files still one the card if you plug it into another computer?

Side note: if you haven't done so already, I would make a backup of the card.
    It is a workaround (not a fix) but when this has happened to me in the past, a simple Soft Reset of the phone has resolved the issue.
    I have also had this problem with a directory, but not everything. I can see the directory on my PC when connected, but can't see it using WM Explorer.

I have a strong belief that George Bush is responsible for this?

Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 4 GB Kingston HDSC card and I had taken it out to copy some pics down to my Mac and to add a few music files.

When I put the card back in it did register, but the strange thing here is that while I can manually select the the "Kingston ..." category, it shows no files. I have like 500 pics in the DCIM directory, and a bunch of apps that used to run off of the card. I can still access the pics from the Palm picture viewer and the RescoViewer.

I then formatted the card in Windoze as Fat32 with 32 k blocks, copied a few pics over, and the same thing- nothing in th Palm launcher, etc.

Also, this is a 1 month old Rev B Treo 755 that I just got. The only thing I thought it may be was a problem with the Dynex card reader i use. but i checked the Permissions and all seem good.
    Any advice, etc, would be greatly appreciated, as i do not want to have to trad this in again as I patiently await either the new Palm OS or a G-Phone.

Please HELP !!!

thank you
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Kingston 4gb MINI SD cards (not micro, not full size SD) are crap.

Went through two and they stopped manufacturing them.

If it's a mini you've probably got a bad card.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    I've got a Kingston 4gb MINI SD class 6 card that I've had for 6 months or so works perfect and is fast! I did not do any fancy formatting - used it right out of the package. I went to buy another one but couldn't find anyone that had them, so I bought a A-Data 4gb class 6 Micro with a Mini adapter and have had good luck with that too. I think if you don't try to do any fancy formatting it works fine and is reliable at least in my experience.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Hi,

Please HELP !!!

thank you
    see post #36 at this link - it might help.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=166055&page=2
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p