Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Got an ad in the mail from Sprint this week showing the "new" Centro in green, rose, and black. The Sprint web site only shows green and rose available. The web site still shows the "old" centro in pink, but no black or red Centros at all.

Anyone know when the new centro will be available in black? I am ready to buy a new phone, but green or rose is not an option for me - I use the phone primarily for business, and I don't consider either of those options very professional. My 700p is on its last legs, so I really need to get a new phone soon.
    As soon as the old glossy black centro stock sell out, the new black Centro will be available.

I don't know when the old black Centro stock will be sold out....

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Got an ad in the mail from Sprint this week showing the "new" Centro in green, rose, and black. The Sprint web site only shows green and rose available. The web site still shows the "old" centro in pink, but no black or red Centros at all.

Anyone know when the new centro will be available in black? I am ready to buy a new phone, but green or rose is not an option for me - I use the phone primarily for business, and I don't consider either of those options very professional. My 700p is on its last legs, so I really need to get a new phone soon.
    Is the "new" black centro completely black? How is it different from the black version that first came out?
    Quote Originally Posted by elogic3 View Post
    Is the "new" black centro completely black? How is it different from the black version that first came out?
    All black non slip paint and 128 megs of internal memory on new Centro. Old Centro has 68.8 megs of internal memory. 1.08 ROM in new Centro. Last ROM version available for the old Centro was 1.07.

Google Maps 2.0.2.0 with My Location in the ROM on the new Centro. FaceBook app in the ROM on the new Centro.

Is this information for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Is this information for sure?
    Yup, I had the green Centro II in my hand at a Sprint store. They had the green and rose colors in stock with non slip paint.

I asked about the black one, and I was told it'll be all black with the non slip paint and will be available when the Centro I stocks are sold out.

I am this close to getting the green one to replace my 700p. I already have a black, more than a year old Centro I which is a superb device. I just need to talk myself into living with that "olive green" color.....

Just got the green one and it is the best Palm device I've used so far. Couldn't believe the great size, speed and stability. The color is between the Hulk and Kermit the frog...love it.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Palm.com has been updated for a few weeks now with the "updated" black version. I really, really hope they roll this one out ASAP to other CDMA carriers as well as the GSM version!

"Onyx black, Olive green, and Vibrant rose colors with soft-touch finishes"
    http://tinyurl.com/6hhpkz
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    I like all of your Threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    All black non slip paint and 128 megs of internal memory on new Centro. Old Centro has 68.8 megs of internal memory. 1.08 ROM in new Centro. Last ROM version available for the old Centro was 1.07.

Google Maps 2.0.2.0 with My Location in the ROM on the new Centro. FaceBook app in the ROM on the new Centro.

Now, by "All black" do you mean the buttons aren't silver like the original black? I'm mobile & can't seem to find a picture that looks any different.

As a side note, I saw the Rose & Green a few days ago for the first time & dang, are they pretty! I'd KILL to get that great gunmetal button color on my black Centro (but I'd be even happier with ALL black! )
    Nevermind- I just realized that the black Centro I got for my sister last week is the new black one. I was showing her a few different things & just happened to notice the 128m capacity. It looks exactly like my 'old' black Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Now, by "All black" do you mean the buttons aren't silver like the original black? I'm mobile & can't seem to find a picture that looks any different.

As a side note, I saw the Rose & Green a few days ago for the first time & dang, are they pretty! I'd KILL to get that great gunmetal button color on my black Centro (but I'd be even happier with ALL black! )
    An "All Black" Centro would be great, so would a clear plastic one.
    Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that the 'new' black doesn't have the pretty gunmetal gray buttons like the 'new' green & rose do. It has the 'old silver buttons.
    Lol I love my Olive Green one
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    An "All Black" Centro would be great, so would a clear plastic one.
    Like this? :

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...IMG_6132-1.jpg

:P I kinda answered my own prayers & finally made a purchase at www.decalgirl.com. Pretty happy with it so far, looks way more 'modern without that ugly strip of gray hard keys.. but I do miss that sparkle finish.. might remove the skin from the backside, that way I get the best of both worlds
    I just went to Sprint.com and don't see the black one available anymore. Green isn't really for me and rose is completely out. Is this really possible? Palm's website indicates the Centro should be available at Sprint in black but it doesn't work when you try to buy it. I'm returning my Pre and would like to get another Centro before they're gone forever.
    You're either going to have to get one from a Sprint retailer or (if you don't mind getting a slightly-used device) go ebay. When my last Centro died I went through the insurance replacement steps to see what I'd get if I decided to take that route & it said I'd be getting a green replacement device instead of another black one.
    That sucks. I'm a government account and can only buy from Sprint. Are you saying the corporate stores may have them or only the "authorized" resellers? Seems to me this is a deliberate attempt to get people to move on to other phones...namely the Pre. I just don't see how I can have a green phone and be taken seriously! And having already tried the Pre, I won't be getting another WebOS device until they have the one-handed thing down and work out all the bugs and add the missing and necessary features. The Centro is still the most usable--from a utilitarian perspective--phone ever made by Palm.

EDIT: It's back online now. Odd.
    Last edited by danspalmone; 07/08/2009 at 08:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    My centro is on it's last legs. I have been asking a few Ebay sellers with NIB Centros if they are the 64 or 128 meg. I even went a step further to explain the 128meg has non-slick backing.

So far, all have replied that they only have version 1.

If anyone knows of a Ebay seller with the revised black ones, then let me know.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    My centro is on it's last legs. I have been asking a few Ebay sellers with NIB Centros if they are the 64 or 128 meg. I even went a step further to explain the 128meg has non-slick backing.

So far, all have replied that they only have version 1.

If anyone knows of a Ebay seller with the revised black ones, then let me know.

Thanks.
    Both the 64MB and the 128MB versions of the black phone have the 'slick' finish- their casings are exactly the same. It's only the green/rose ones that have the soft-touch paint job.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast