1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of getting an AT&T Centro. I'd like to use it as a laptop replacement for email checking, so an external keyboard would be desirable. I've seen lots of links for the iGo keyboard, but those links are dead. What's the latest status regarding external keyboards for the Centro, bluetooth or otherwise?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I bought the iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Smartphones (the one with no number row of keys, not the Sierra) new from eBay, got the driver and manual from the iGo site by choosing 755p, installed as instructed, and everything works fine (only used it once or twice). I still have to keep the instructions with the keyboard to remember what funky keys to use to connect via Bluetooth.

Searching this forum and others, I was originally doubtful, as one said he couldn't make it work, another said he could.
    Palm's Universal IR Keyboard works just fine on the Centro as well. Though they sell for between $50 and $75 new, I got one from ebay last month for $10.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    in getting an external keyboard for my Centro. Are there any problems with these? Any preferred sellers on eBay for acquiring one?

Thanks,
    CanuckCentro
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckCentro View Post
    in getting an external keyboard for my Centro. Are there any problems with these? Any preferred sellers on eBay for acquiring one?

Thanks,
    CanuckCentro
    Well, I know that the Palm IR Universal keyboard works with the centro, and the latest driver is available for download from Palm. You want the model 3169WW.

As for a vendor on Ebay: I just looked for a used one from someone with a good rating who said I could return it if it was DOA, and he just had the one. It really was just $10 and like $3 to ship.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I use the Palm's Universal IR Keyboard with my Centro and love it. The keyboard has a kind of an arm to point the IR to the port on the top of the handheld but since the Centro has the IR port on the side you don't need to move the IR arm to pair the IR ports. I found this very nice.

But there is a strange problem. I have my Centro to auto-lock after 5 min if I don't use it for this period. So if I stop typing or using the Centro and the Centro auto-locks itself for some reason the IR pairing is lost after I unlock the Centro. I've tried everything but so far the only way to gat the paring to work again is soft reseting the Centro. So, while using the keyboard I just turn off the auto-lock feature