1.    #1  
    anyone else having this problem? i have palm desktop on my computer, but every time i try to hotsync it i get an error on my centro saying the connection could not be established... thoughts?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have a seidio cradle that started having synching problems, with my PC saying the device was not found. I think there is a loose connection in the cradle, because if I push it a certain way, it synchs ok. So, perhaps your problem is in the connection device.
  3.    #3  
    hmm, it shouldnt be, im using the sync cable, tight on both ends
    Try cleaning the connectors. If that doesn't work, try a different sync cable (they have been known to die).
    Quote Originally Posted by detachable_dave View Post
    hmm, it shouldnt be, im using the sync cable, tight on both ends

Despite this, I sometimes have problems making a good connection. I recommend removing the Centro from its case if it's giving you trouble. I also find that I get better results by bending the connector in the Centro slightly backwards, almost as if it were doing a "backbend."

But my most important recommendation is to experiment with PocketTunes rather than HotSync. I.e., fire up PocketTunes, and then fiddle with the hotsync connector until your computer sees your SD card via PocketTunes's disk-on-key emulation [sorry, I forget what this functionality is called].

Then very carefully exit from PocketTunes and try your hotsync again, without perturbing your finicky cable.
    Does your desktop support Bluetooth? Once set up, no more connector problems.
    I sync my Centro to Outlook 2003 via BT with no issues.
    Good Luck
  8.    #8  
    ok, just got a new sync cable, same crap. the phone charges, but will not sync when plugged in
    windows?

could try uninstalling palm desktop followed by a reboot and reinstall of palm os dektop. after reinstall try hotsyncing.
    I was having the exact same problem, phone would charge but not sync,
    and I figured out a solution. go to palm desktop/go to tools/ user accounts/
    connections/uncheck everything then close application. now go through
    the same steps and this time check usb/ network and now hot sync
    hopefully this will work for you too. but i have to do this everytime I sync.

let me know if this works. or if you found a better solution.
  11.    #11  
    hmm, still no luck
    This could be the most bizarre of solutions.

Just got a 755p upgrade from a 650 and could not establish a connection.

Here's what worked:
    Right-click on the time on the taskbar in the lower right and select 'Adjust Date/Time'.
    Select 'Time Zone'.
    **UNCHECK the box: 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes'**

Voila! Syncs like a charm!
    This has something to do with the USB port. Unchecking the box makes the USB port work with my Treo and hopefully with your Centro

(Found solution in a thread about a weird date not syncing. Was searching about problems with USB ports. Is there anything more of a disconnect between this problem and solution?? Wow)
  13.    #13  
    still nothin
    Have you tried the PocketTunes NTP trick? I.e., when connected via your hotsync cable and running the builtin PocketTunes on your Centro, do one or more of the following occur:
    * LED lights up in the upper left corner of the Centro because it senses power
    * computer beeps because it's detecting a device
    * PocketTunes warns you not to disconnect because it's communicating with a PC
    * PC sees a new virtual hard drive

?

If you can get a good PocketTunes NTP connection, then your chances of achieving a successful HotSync are much improved.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    Have you tried the PocketTunes NTP trick? I.e., when connected via your hotsync cable and running the builtin PocketTunes on your Centro, do one or more of the following occur:
    * LED lights up in the upper left corner of the Centro because it senses power
    * computer beeps because it's detecting a device
    * PocketTunes warns you not to disconnect because it's communicating with a PC
    * PC sees a new virtual hard drive

?

If you can get a good PocketTunes NTP connection, then your chances of achieving a successful HotSync are much improved.
    the charging lite comes on but other than that i can see no sign of pc connectivity, ill def give it a shot with pocket tunes though