webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm OS Devices & Apps > Vista Hotsync-- freezes on Calendar
Vista Hotsync-- freezes on Calendar

Old 11/23/2008, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi Y'all,

well, I just got a new Vista 64 bit machine, and after finding out the hard way that hotsync doesn't work with 64bit version, I installed Vista 32bit. Well, the computer recognizes my Centro now, but it always hangs up when trying to sync the Calendar. The hotsync status screen just freezes.

I still have my XP machine, and I'm having no problems syncing to that computer.

I have waded through this thread:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=crash+sync

and tried Bill's solution, but it didn't work. I don't want to go out and buy Dbfixit just yet unless someone knows here if it'll solve my problem...

Thanks in advance...
lyrictenor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2008, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay, just a little more info:

I told the hotsync manager to not sync the calendar. The machine synched w/o a hitch.

I downloaded the trial version of dbfixit and it found some errors (trial version will not fix it though) so maybe I'll give it a shot.
Old 11/23/2008, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Update:

I used tealscan to look for bad records in the datebook--found 6 of them, deleted them, but the computer is still freezing up when trying to sync the datebook..

If there's no solution I just may reinstall Vista 64bit and sync via bluetooth (don't want to spend the $$ on an BT adapter though).
Old 11/24/2008, 09:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Meh, you may be better off going the 64-bit + Bluetooth route, especially if you've got 4+ GB of RAM (or the room for it in your motherboard).

It won't fix your syncing problem, but it'll at least run your PC better.
Old 11/24/2008, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

There is a thread on here somewhere with a free utility that purges bad records. That fixed my problem. Mine got hung up on Contacts. I don't remember the thread but I know it had four or five stars next to it & was pretty long. If you can't find it, do a search in my username & look through the threads I have been on. It will be quite a lot of threads but look for one with the stars. It is appropriately named to the problem as well.
Bob-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2008, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
There is a thread on here somewhere with a free utility that purges bad records. That fixed my problem. Mine got hung up on Contacts. I don't remember the thread but I know it had four or five stars next to it & was pretty long. If you can't find it, do a search in my username & look through the threads I have been on. It will be quite a lot of threads but look for one with the stars. It is appropriately named to the problem as well.
I think it's probably the thread I linked above--it was quite a long one. The utility they mentioned was dbscan.

BTW, my centro started hanging up at the Calendar again, but this time also on my XP machine, so it's most likely a bad record or something.

Oh yeah, I switched my other machine back to Vista 64. I'll end up going the BT route after I've got this all sorted out.
Old 12/08/2008, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Dbscan was the utility. It is free & it fixed the problem. You just click on Calendar & then click on Start Scanning. I did not need to buy anything. Did you try it?
Old 12/09/2008, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah, I cleared it w/ DBscan.

I ended up just installing Vista 64 on the new machine and will use bluetooth to sync once I get it.
Old 03/09/2009, 04:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

downloaded db scan but when i sync it on and try to run it on my treo it causes it to reboot immediately.

Any suggestions?
Old 03/10/2009, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrictenor1 View Post
Hi Y'all,

well, I just got a new Vista 64 bit machine, and after finding out the hard way that hotsync doesn't work with 64bit version, I installed Vista 32bit. Well, the computer recognizes my Centro now, but it always hangs up when trying to sync the Calendar. The hotsync status screen just freezes.

I still have my XP machine, and I'm having no problems syncing to that computer.

I have waded through this thread:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=crash+sync

and tried Bill's solution, but it didn't work. I don't want to go out and buy Dbfixit just yet unless someone knows here if it'll solve my problem...

Thanks in advance...

I'm assuming that you are syncing with Outlook? If so, which version of Outlook are you using. There is a Palm patch for using Outlook 2007 that needs to be installed as well. Here is a link to that patch:

Palm.com : Support: Message)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
ivhs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2009, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Pimlico Software - DbFixIt
Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2009, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
Delete it and reinstall. Sounds like a corrupt copy.
Anyone has a link to a good copy? The ones i found here cause my treo to reboot.

This is for a 755P by the way

Last edited by NativeTongue03; 03/20/2009 at 11:16 AM.
NativeTongue03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0