1.    #1  
    Hi,

I currently have a Treo 680 and will be getting a Centro.

Does anyone know (or have tried) if just hot-synching the Centro to my current desktop will be fine?

Or should I reinstall all my apps one at a time, again.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I did mine yesterday.

I have more than 100 progs in it.

All seems perfect.
    That is fine AS LONG AS YOU INSTALL THE NEW CD FIRST. Most people will say to to a install one at a time, but if you install the CD that came with your phone without uninstalling the older program you will be okay. What happens if you don't install the new CD you can transfer over 680 operating items that might hurt your Centro.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Ya... thats what I did.

1. backup treo680 in card using RescoBackup (just in case there will be sync problem)
    2. Uninstall PalmDesktop
    3. Install Palm desktop that come with Centro
    4. Sync Treo680 with it
    5. Sync Centro with same user name.
    There is no reason to remove the Palm desktop. Most people won't need to upgrade the desktop at all unless you use Vista, in which case you need the 6.2 desktop. Actually, if you don't use Vista, you are better off staying with the 4.x desktop.

However, because there are things that are peculiar to the Treo that can cause problems with the Centro, you are still better off doing a selective restore to your Centro rather than restoring everything either from hotsync or an sd backup. Always better safe than sorry.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    the vista version has anniversary in the contact