1.    #1  
    Hi, quick/easy question, if anyone has a sec:

I use an unlocked Treo 680 on tmobile (I swapped a cheap TMO phone's SIM into my Treo a few years ago). My data plan is the cheapie "tmoweb" choice.

I hear TMO is upgrading to 3G. Can my treo 680 handle 3G? If so, do I need another SIM? If so, how do I get TMO to cough up another SIM?

I'm not particularly up on cell tech, so I'd appreciate plain English answers if possible! Thanks!!!!
    Hi. From what I have read and the specifications on the palm site, state that the Treo 680 is not capable of 3G. The only connections available are GSM/GPRS/EDGE. Hope this helps.

waltherg22
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
  3.    #3  
    ah, ok, thanks.

Yet another reason to switch to iphone, I suppose...
    Last edited by Jeffdude; 11/20/2008 at 02:55 PM.
    its a nice phone but its just not finacially viable. i have the ipod touch though

waltherg22
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
    You should be aware that T-Mo's 3G is on the 1700 band - most US 3G phones (except the ones specifically offered by T-Mo) are not on that band - they are on the 850/1900 bands, such as for AT&T. It is unfortunate that this is the case - it means many great 3G phones will not work on T-Mo's 3G, although, of course, they will work on GSM/GPRS/Edge.