1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    For at least a month now I have had to go in and manually shut the network off after using anything that connects to the network: Blazer, Facebook App, Sending photos....

It just suddenly started doing this about a month or two ago randomly and I cannot figure out how to turn it off or fix it. It took some major drains to figure out that was the problem.

So how can I fix this?
    ame, I never knew that you could auto disconnect any other way than letting it time out (which it will usually do but not sure how long that is) or by turning off the radio or going into network settings and disconnecting.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Up til about a month or so ago, it used to time out within 3 seconds, no blue triangles, no gray triangles. Nothin. Now if I don't manually do it, it'll go all day.
    I use OffDisc for this. Google for OffDisc, should be available from 1src.com. When you power off your device then it disconnects the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmandy View Post
    I use OffDisc for this. Google for OffDisc, should be available from 1src.com. When you power off your device then it disconnects the network.
    You don't need a program to disconnect when you power off as it does that anyway. It shouldn't connect again until you do something that requires it to connect. You can also set the network to ask you if you want to connect but that's a pain.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I have a GSM Centro and it doesn't disconnect when you press the power off button. By power off I mean that you blank the screen. Also if you leave the device to time-out i.e. the screen goes off then the network is still connected.

Before I used OffDisc the phone would remain connected all the time and run down the battery faster.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    PowerHero has a setting for this.
    Networkdown by MetaViewSoft
    I can't post links yet, so google for "networkdown" and it will come up.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I tested PowerHero for the last week and other than a few irritating things I want it to do, it seems to do the trick. I don't get why it won't shut off as scheduled when I am connected to the charger. If I am using it, yea fine, but if it isn't being used, why not disconnect?
  10. j3n
    I have an AT&T Centro, and I press and hold the power button until it says "Goodbye" and then hold it again until it says "Hello."

I also have my side button set as the Preferences shortcut, in case I don't want to turn the phone off.