1.    #1  
    Leafing through the Sunday paper, CompUSA's ad has on the last page PrintBoy for free. It's $19.99, less a $4 instant rebate and a $16 mail-in rebate.

In the same ad, they also have the Pilot Dr. Grip All-In-One pen/stylus (no pencil) for free ($19.99 - $10 instant - $10 mail-in). If you're keen on the Dr. Grip series, you'll probably like this one.
    cool
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    takes an hour and a half for me to get the nearest compusa store and 3 hours or so to get the nearest staples. so i wont be able to take advantage of thei special offer
    "Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
    "The sum of the intelligence on the planet is constant, but the population is increasing"
    "I am not a vegetarian because i love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.-- A. Whitney Brown"
    This deal is true and I am taking advantage of it, but be warned:
    this is NOT the version of PrintBoy that works with Wordsmith.
    Wordsmith needs PrintBoy Documents, not regular PrintBoy. PrintBoy Documents is now on sale at www.Bachmannsoftware.com for around $15, I think.
    Last edited by ThirdMan; 08/08/2001 at 05:03 PM.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Just a warning, though. CompUSA has recently changed the way they handle rebate fulfillments. Whereas they used to fulfill them on time and without hassle, they have consistently arrived at least a month overdue this year. (IT is embarassing how much evidence I have to base this on: -) And now their fulfillment center claimed they would not honor a rebate, because it was a misprint! (The whole rebate coupon, apparently.) So unless you have time to bring them to court, I wouldn't bother.
    I'm not a happy camper. I saw this thread and went to my local Compusa and picked up printboy 2.2 and installed and find that it won't work with wordsmith.

Arg!
    Originally posted by lbdyck
    I'm not a happy camper. I saw this thread and went to my local Compusa and picked up printboy 2.2 and installed and find that it won't work with wordsmith.Arg!
    Join the club. At least you are only out the price of a stamp to send the rebate in. I am still optimistic that the rebate will work.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Not to mention the $1.72 sales tax (sigh)

oh well - at least it will be useful for printing other things other than wordsmith documents, which will probably print better when passed thru MS Word anyway (trying to be optimistic that is).
    Just for the record, yesterday (8/14) I got notification that I will be receiving my $16 rebate for PrintBoy from CompUSA.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Originally posted by ThirdMan
    Just for the record, yesterday (8/14) I got notification that I will be receiving my $16 rebate for PrintBoy from CompUSA.
    At long last, yesterday (12/3/2001) I finally got my $16 rebate. Gee, it only took four months... Better late than never, I suppose.
    --
    ThirdMan