Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    well it is actually only show 35xx MB....

I still use original ROM 1.02/
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    well it is actually only show 35xx MB....

I still use original ROM 1.02/

Palm OS has a limitation of only seeing a max of 4GB at a time. Once you fill up past the 4GB it will show whats remaining of the second block of 4 GB. Its still useable and its invisible to you other than just an annoyance. It will still work just as its supposed to.

I have a 16GB card in my 700P and it only sees 4GB at a time. But it still is as useable.

For example, I have about 9GB of music on it and PTunes sees all the songs with no issue.

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    That is normal as Garnet only supports up to 4GB of external memory. You can fill the card pass 4GB and it will work fine.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    oh thank you guys!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    That is nice to know that 700p able to recognize 16gb Hdhntr23. Thank you!
    IS it even a garnet issue or just the card info app?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Both?

LOL its not a Garnet issue in the sense it wont work. The cards will still work but it only sees 4GB at a time. So since the card app is a naitive Garnet app... Thats why my answer it both.

Ultimately tho the point is these cards WILL work.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Interesting - Card Export II correctly gives the size of my 8gb card but not the packaged card reader app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I always read that Garnet does not *officially* support over 4GB cards so I would imagine all programs unless coded differently (Card Export II) will read them all as 4GB.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    If Card Export II can give the right size, this isn't an OS issue, it is a display issue with a particular app. There could still be an OS issue related to the size, but it wouldn't be a size recognition problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    If Card Export II can give the right size, this isn't an OS issue, it is a display issue with a particular app. There could still be an OS issue related to the size, but it wouldn't be a size recognition problem.
    That is what I was saying, the OS does not display higher than 4GB.
    Except all non driver programs use the OS to access the hardware. If the OS doesn't allow something, then no amount of programing except a replacement driver or OS file will allow access to that hardware. Since other programs can access the full card size and not just the first 4 gb, it is an app limitation.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That is what I was saying, the OS does not display higher than 4GB.
    I think we just have different definitions on what is an OS. To me, the OS provides the underlying device interfaces. If the OS doesn't support something, it will be very unlikely any tool can support (or display) something unless you are Dmitry and write your own SDHC drivers.
    Does this apply to the centro too?
    Yes. And the 700p after the ROM upgrade. Also the 700p and 650p after the driver is installed.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I can't load OverDrive Media audiobooks (which must be loaded using the OverDrive PC app) past 4GB on my half-empty 8GB card. It tells me I don't have enough room.

The Card Export II app cares about working well with the Palm OS, enough to recognize the problem and end-around the OS to determine the true card size. Multi-platform programs like OverDrive Media that write to all PlaysForSure MP3 devices will likely never be motivated enough to develop a special Palm hack to end-around the OS or whatever MTP API it uses.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    This problem could sometimes be so misleading for new Palm users.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
    I can't load OverDrive Media audiobooks (which must be loaded using the OverDrive PC app) past 4GB on my half-empty 8GB card. It tells me I don't have enough room.
    Assuming the audiobooks are separate files, can you move the existing audiobooks to your PC using a USB reader, then use OverDrive to load more audiobooks on the phone, then use the USB reader to put back the previous audiobooks?
    What format is the card in?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    Assuming the audiobooks are separate files, can you move the existing audiobooks to your PC using a USB reader, then use OverDrive to load more audiobooks on the phone, then use the USB reader to put back the previous audiobooks?
    Yes, your suggestion worked, thanks. I dragged a couple of audiobook folders to the PC, deleted them on the micro SD card, added a new audiobook via OverDrive, then dragged back the audiobook folders. They all played (I was worried that the DRM key would be lost somehow), and I'm over 4GB.

File system on micro SD card is FAT32.