Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Is this possible? I see how to switch to syncing to outlook, but will that affect all devices syncing to a given computer? I really want to separate the two...any advice appreciated!
    You couldn't unless you switched your sync conduit every time you plugged in your devices. The conduit is controlled by the pc and not the Treo.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Got it - how easy is it to switch between the two? Do you have to go through a conduit installation, or is it basically one click?
    Go to Start, Palm, conduit sync. Then you just choose which one you want to sync with - Palm or Outlook.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Thanks Alli - the new conduits kicked in right away. Since Outlook was blank, I used Handheld overwrites Desktop for all PIM categories.

However, although most items transferred correctly, I'm getting a series of errors looking like this:

Unable to create an exception in Outlook for the record [Lunch...]
    OLERR:03-0058 (0x80004005)

Any help would be appreciated - I'm trying to avoid losing 8 years of data, and my searches thus far haven't been helpful.
    Did you try it a second time and see what happens? Sometimes it just takes a push.