Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

Has anyone tried this 8GB Kingston microSD (class 4) on Centro or other Treos?

http://www.meritline.com/kingston-8g...er-class4.html

It is on sale for $18.99, but I have had trouble with 4GB Kingston microSD
    with my Centro in the past. It's pretty good deal, but just wanted to see
    if anyone had any success working it on Centro.
  2. Zcu
    Try formatting your card on a computer with the settings at fat and at 32k. My cards were always slow and this seemed to fix the problem.
    I have that exact card in mine. It is reasonably fast but it does lag a few seconds in Mobile XT. (It is properly formatted)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    try this:
    format f: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K
    That is the format it is already in. I think it is because it is class 4, which is alot slower than the new class 6 cards.
    You guys have been so helpful (Many Thanks from jbm2kus ) I thought I would post this. My Kingston sdhc 4gb card wouldn't work, and I did not feel like buying another, so I searched and found a suitable solution to fix the problem .

Don't throw your card away before trying this:

1. Download SDFormatter v.2 from:
    Panasonic support (Google), I'm new so I can't post links.
    2.Then reformat the Kingston sdhc/sd card with the prgm.

Note: I did a Full erase 1st, then formatted the card. It may not be necessary
    but I did it anyway. The card works fine now, it doesn't say Kingston (Generic)
    but it works. Hopefully others can help those who may not know how to do this. Hope this helps
    I was reading that SD/SDHC cards are formatted in a special way that is why you can't use SDFormatter with other products. Here is quote from panasonics sight:

This software formats SD Memory Card and SDHC Memory Card(SD/SDHC Memory Card) using a formatting program that complies with the SD Memory Card specification SD formatting provides quick and easy access to the SD Memory Card.

Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification.