Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    As for holding payment until positive feedback or after delivery, I don't know where you saw that, because I've always been paid immediately after payment was made on anything I've sold on ebay. It might not show up in my bank account for three days, but that's the same as when I buy something.
    They do hold funds for high risk items, for new users, and for people with few to no feedback. There is some formula they apply and it might not apply to you or might not apply to the item(s) you were selling.

Cell phones are considered high risk items by ebay but you can probably counteract that with a bunch of positive feedback or being a long time member.

It made the news earlier in the year:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/08/smbu...ion=2008021113
    emen8 -
    WOW... I know this looks as though this turned into an eBay discussion. I too have NEVER had a hold pending on my PayPal account. Anyway I'm GLAD the phone is working for you. Keep us updated after you get the sync cable and do a hard reset. By the way did you check the lifetime minutes (#*786)?
    Tony
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    emen8 -
    WOW... I know this looks as though this turned into an eBay discussion. I too have NEVER had a hold pending on my PayPal account. Anyway I'm GLAD the phone is working for you. Keep us updated after you get the sync cable and do a hard reset. By the way did you check the lifetime minutes (#*786)?
    Tony
    I've been using the phone myself, so in order to get a meaningful number, I'd have to use the call log to total up every call of mine and subtract it from the total. I'll try to make time for that today. My lifetime minutes are 206. But when I go to the call log and choose totals, I get 269 minutes since last reset. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i refuse to use ebay now because of the change in policy...im not sending anything out until i know i have the money...this new paypal holding payment is BS. i sold a phone and was surprised by the new policy..i refunded the buyer his money and im selling my items on craigslist or something besides ebay.
    Old thread but I haven't been on in a while...

I've been temporarily burned twice by eBay Centro selling liars. Both claimed only brief usage on phones that had extensive usage over a period of months and apparently even drops onto concrete or asphalt. Neither reset their phones before selling.

I lost return shipping costs and had to wait a bit for refunds but I am all for the eBay policy on used cell phone sales. In BOTH cases the sellers thought they had gotten away with it and told me no refund despite admitting misrepresentation. Surprise!

One seller only had one other feedback (I know but it was positive).
    I know when I bought and sold an item on ebay, it took like 2 or 3 days for payment to show
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I am on both sides with the new policy. I have almost been burned with buying cell phones on ebay. I can understand why they do it. However, I have never had any funds held on paypal and my hubby sold his rolex on there recently and received his money instant. I think it all depends on your credibility on ebay as to whether they hold it or not since ebay owns paypal now.
    it all depends on your esn number
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12