1.    #1  
    I own zLauncher but I am wondering if it is the best one out there. Does anyone know if zlauncher utilizes a lot of system resouces? And which launcher has the smallest footprint? Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Treolauncher is pretty small, but is pretty powerful. For a LARGE sample of what it can do and skins, check out:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131227
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  3.    #3  
    Maybe I am wrong and zlauncher is not that bad. I guess I am hoping to hear from people who are familiar with the inner workings of POS to say whether zlauncher is good enough or if there is something just as good that may make my Treo faster, etc. I am willing to purchase something else if needed. I need a launcher but realize that the "cleaner" my device, the better it runs. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    There is something called ScrBtn...
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I need a launcher but realize that the "cleaner" my device, the better it runs. Thanks.
    Since I (like you) migrated from a Sharp Zaurus to my very first Palm organizer (a Palm III in 1998) I have used Launcher X, the successor to the late great Bozidar Benc's Launcher (then II then III).

The screen is extremely clean. It is skinnable, and categories can be tabbed, with nice 'pop-up' utilities. It worked fine on every handheld and now also my Treo 755p.

It is now supported by gotreosoftware, the makers of Safeguard. Support is reliable, and the launcher is reasonably priced.

YMMV, but it's been the one piece of software on every Palm unit I've ever owned.

H
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible