webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm OS Devices & Apps > ChatterEmail Help - Microsoft Exchange Account Setup
ChatterEmail Help - Microsoft Exchange Account Setup

Old 11/11/2008, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was informed I might find some great support on this site for a problem I am having can anyone help?

I have successfully downloaded the trial ChatterEmail program from Palm.com (v3.0.18) and installed the 2 EX plugins.
I then opened the program to set up a new account, selected the Microsoft Exchange Account option, then in the "define" tab, named the account, input the correct exchange server name, input my login name and password, left the "Complete Server Folder Name" field blank and entered my email address in the mailbox field.

When I try to sync the email, I get the error "Chatteremail is connected to your server, but either your login credentials were rejected, or the "complete server folder name" you are using does not exist on the server."

I have tried a few variations such as putting in the domain with the \ before my username, putting "inbox" in the "complete server folder name" field and entering the email account name that shows up on the server in the mailbox field. None of these variations worked either. The only difference was that suddenly it started going directly to offline and would not stay online and attempt to connect anymore until I deleted the application (and associated files) then reinstalled.

Any ideas anyone?

I really want to get this program to work ASAP so I can purchase the full version with confidence.
Thanks!
Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2008, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

your log in is working fine from what it sounds .. try to put "Inbox" (with out the "") under the Complete server folder name and see if that helps.
syphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2008, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphex View Post
your log in is working fine from what it sounds .. try to put "Inbox" (with out the "") under the Complete server folder name and see if that helps.
We've tried that already. The only thing I can think of is the mailbox name. We tried finding out what the mailbox name is by using the OWA site and contacting the IT guys, but are not successful.
drogemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2008, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogemeister View Post
We've tried that already. The only thing I can think of is the mailbox name. We tried finding out what the mailbox name is by using the OWA site and contacting the IT guys, but are not successful.
I think you leave both the Complete Server Folder Name and Mailbox field blank initially and they should auto-populate. At least they did on mine.

For me, these populated with:
Inbox for Complete Server Folder Name
The email portion before @company.com for the Mailbox, which in my case is Firstname.Lastname

And maybe if you haven't already done so, read the instructions here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...66#post1456066

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
Palm Pre wallpapers

Last edited by NachoB; 11/18/2008 at 12:45 PM.
NachoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2008, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

here's a thought. When you log into your owa site does it give you a username/password pop up? or is it like a form that's like yellow and you just type your username/password like that? Because if its the second option you might need to enable forms authentication under the delivery tab in the preferences.
Old 11/22/2008, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

I heard that since the EX plugin has been discontinued, it does not support exchange 2007, only 2003 and lower. do you know what version you are on?
jpiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2008, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I got it to work with 2007 but you have to verify if your server uses forms base authentication.
Old 11/23/2008, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphex View Post
I got it to work with 2007 but you have to verify if your server uses forms base authentication.
Great, could you send me the EX plugins? I would love to try them...I sent you a PM with my email address. Thanks again
jpiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

hi guys,,, an update for this case? I'm experiencing this situation now..
eistein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eistein View Post
hi guys,,, an update for this case? I'm experiencing this situation now..
I could never get Chatter to work w/ EAS, so I just used Versamail.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0