Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Please tell me how. All the voicedial apps said that it only supports wired headsets. Or, you have to speak the command in normal mode, then use BT when the call is connected.
    I don't know how it works, I just know it does. I have my side key programmed for Voice Dial. I turn on my BT, push the button, and tell the phone whom to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo41 View Post
    I was having problems with resets while using the navigator software. Safeguard identified "Start" (tomtom navigator) as the cause about 95% of the time. I downloaded and installed the Treo 680 patch and have had zero resets today. I've started and stopped Navigator multiple times with phone in and out of the cradle with zero resets. It did take the unit about 15 minutes to obtain a valid GPS signal the first time I used it after I installed the patch but not since.
    Do I understand correctly that you have a 755p and installed the 680 patch? I got my GPS last week and have to reset my 755p every time I try to use the GPS .
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Yes, but after a while the resets returned. I've had decreased resets if I put my 755p in the cradle while the power to cradle is disconnected, then reset my treo and power up the cradle. The treo will find the cradle almost every time and the phone will not reset. I can use the TOMTOM navigator software without problems except enabling TRAFFIC severely slows it down. It takes forever (10 min or longer) to log on to traffic so I don't use it.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Should I bother returning my cradle to palm, and hope the new one works? There is a thread on the Palm support site, and alot of people there have reported the identical issue - the GPS unit immediately turns off, and the TT software can't find the cradle.

I'd love for this to work, just so I can recycle my old 650 (or my 700p when the Pre eventually comes out).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I tried the same cradle with the 700p - Tom Tom let me activate it (or their software did), and all seems to work. The blue light stays on, the GPS connects, and the GPS tries to find the sats. (and is having a hard time, even though my bluetooth Freedom GPS keychain worked fine at the same time...).

So I think I can say that the cradle will NOT work with the 650, though it will recharge the battery.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345