1.    #1  
    I have a 650 when I use the phone all the phone options will show up on the screen (spkr hold ect)
    but when the the call connects the spkr option disappears and I cant hear and the caller cant hear me and call is
    connected please help
    I just had this happen to me. Your Treo might think that you plugged in a headphone into the jack. What worked for me was plugging into the jack and removing it. My sounds started working instantly once it was removed.
    Use something called Headcold Audio Switcher. I had this problem and after multiple resets still had it. Install the tiny software and swtich to Speaker, Jack or Automatic. Believe it can be found in the Sticky marked Audio Problems at the top of the forum. If not it is below..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
  4.    #4  
    I tried both still not working
    it could be then that the headset jack is broken in the way that it thinks something is always plugged in. No option but to fix it or upgrade to a nice new treo....
    3Com Palm Pilot > USRobotics Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Zire 21 > Handspring Treo 270 > palmOne Treo 650.

Current Device:
    Palm Treo 680 [Unlocked/Unbranded]
    BlackBerry 8820 [Unlocked]

Current Plan:
    O2-UK Simplicity 15 a Month.
    400 texts and 200 minutes.
    Try VolumeCare's bypass function.