Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm trying to figure out if my Treo can be used as GPS device. I've read things about Garmin and Tom Tom for Palm but not sure if they work on Centro. Or how they work. Can someone help please? Thanks.
    With a GPS receiver, I know you can use TomTom and I would guess, Garmin. You have to have the TomTom software too.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Do I install software to my Centro to do it? Or do I have to buy hardware? Or?
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    You can install TomTom on the centro. Put the maps on an SD card. Use a keychain BlueTooth GPS. It works fine. If you install TomTom you need to install the treo 680 updates from Palm's website or it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Do I install software to my Centro to do it? Or do I have to buy hardware? Or?
    Your Centro does not have a GPS receiver, so you need to purchase a receiver. That needs to communicate with your Centro and Bluetooth is a convenient option. (There have been good reports on here of the Freedom Keychain Bluetooth receiver.) Finally you need software on your Centro (Tom Tom, Garmin etc) in order to interpret the GPS data from the receiver and display your position on a map on the Centro.