1.    #1  
    Hello,

My treo 680 seems to refuse to call and send sms messages.
    If I try to call it just puts me back at the dial screen.
    When I try to send an SMS message it doesnt go through and it gives me an error code 407A and a 4014 error code, but I dont know what these mean.

Internet on my treo works without errors, so I doubt I forgot to pay the bill

So, does anybody know whats wrong/how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Someone on these forums had that happen in the last two weeks or so. They reported a hard reset and then restore from a previous backup fixed it. Do you do nightly backups with a program like NVBackup?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Someone on these forums had that happen in the last two weeks or so. They reported a hard reset and then restore from a previous backup fixed it. Do you do nightly backups with a program like NVBackup?
    whoops, I forgot to mention, I did a hard reset and it still doesn't work.
    if it doesn't work after a hard reset and prior to a restore, then it is a hardware problem and the phone will need to go in for repair.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftWally View Post
    Hello,

My treo 680 seems to refuse to call and send sms messages.
    If I try to call it just puts me back at the dial screen.
    When I try to send an SMS message it doesnt go through and it gives me an error code 407A and a 4014 error code, but I dont know what these mean.

Internet on my treo works without errors, so I doubt I forgot to pay the bill

So, does anybody know whats wrong/how I can fix this?

Thanks,
    hello, I'm having the same problem with my treo 680 too. But I receive a error 4014 message when I send messages to an specific person on my contact's list... I'm not sure it is a hardware problem... If you know how to fix it, please please tell me!

ThanX