Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Right above the power Button and In the Upper Right corner of the Home Button the Plastic Case has a Nice Small Crack in it. I went to the Sprint Store here this morning and they said 3-5 days and I will get a new phone ( I have the $7 insurance) is this happening to anyone else?

This is my 2nd Replacement under insurance. The first was at their fault and now it's this. Still the best phone out there as far as I am concerned..

Brian
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Power button cracked in half and fell out. pretty thin plastic these Centros. About to go to the store and see if they can fix.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Me too but the crack is on the upper left of the phone under the ringer switch. i didnt dropped my Centro but it seems that the Centro plastic case materials is poor!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Went to the sprint store yesterday they told me it would be a 3-7 day turn around time to get my replacement phone. Just got a phone call...the Phone came in today...Next day...go sprint
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    my black sprint centro has a small tiny fine crack in the silver plastic top right corner near the red on/off button. i never dropped the phone but i guess it's from pressing down. it happened within the first 1-2 months of ownership. it still functions fine so no biggie. what do you want for $99? i love the phone regardless.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I have the same small crack, but the phone still works fine.
    My PDA progression Palm III -> Palm IIIXE -> PALM IIIC -> PALM M130 -> iPaq H2215 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Centro
    my black sprint centro has a small tiny fine crack in the silver plastic top right corner near the red on/off button.

How weird. Mine has the same hairline crack in the same spot on the silver plastic. I have only had my Centro for 5 months and I first noticed the crack like 2 months ago. It is so small that I never really gave much thought to it.
    Same problem here. Been trying to get PALM to recognize it. Lots of people are having this issue. Let's speak out about it!!!!
    Also have a fine crack in the silver plastic top right corner near the red on/off button. Its getting a little longer so I remapped the appls button to the calendar button now. This sucks!

I wonder if someone has looked into a hack\fix for this?
    Last edited by miles4000; 12/04/2008 at 12:55 PM.
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    my black sprint centro has a small tiny fine crack in the silver plastic top right corner near the red on/off button. i never dropped the phone but i guess it's from pressing down. it happened within the first 1-2 months of ownership. it still functions fine so no biggie. what do you want for $99? i love the phone regardless.
    Mine too. Its a teeny crack but I haven't done anything about it. I figured as long as it doesnt grow before October (or I guess August...when I hit 22months) I am ok with it. I am hoping a new Palm OS is out by then, I realize that's a pipe dream but whatever.
    If its on the appls button it will probably grow. Thats why I reassigned the appls to the calendar button.
    Last edited by miles4000; 12/04/2008 at 02:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Same exact problem here. Small hairline crack directly above the red power button on the home button. As of yet, it doesn't interfere with the functionality of the Centro. When it does, it'll be time to get a new phone.

I remapped T-Launcher to the side button so that helps, but can the home button be remapped to something else that I use but just not as much as my launcher???
    In System>Prefs>buttons you can assign applications to another button (limited choices). But will lose last appls listing when holding down new appls button. Also I'm sure there's a few third party programs that can reassign button functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    Went to the sprint store yesterday they told me it would be a 3-7 day turn around time to get my replacement phone. Just got a phone call...the Phone came in today...Next day...go sprint
    Was yours replaced through Assurion or just through Sprint? I chatted with a rep today and she said I would have to go through Assurion.
    Vinnie
    My black centro, purchase within a week of the Sprint launch in late 2007, has had no issues with the case. There are a few scuffs and scratches (normal wear) but definitely no cracking. Maybe there's a bad batch of case plastics out there?

Those of you experiencing cracking, when did you buy your centros, are you using any kind of case, and how do you typically carry them?
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I have a palm aircase on mine and slip that inside a really thick and padded pouch. I got mine in Oct of last year, and if I don't have it sitting on a desk or table by my bed it's in my purse in the pouch.
    My black Sprint Centro was purchased in June 08. I have no cracks. I don't use a case. I just carry it in my front pant pocket.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Right now the Calendar/Text flap is leaning forward and showing some inside (i think my friend's baby did it). I need to get on Sprint's insurance before it gets worse