Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The Docs to Go that came on the 755p, ver 8.002, sucks if you dont have an afternoon to read the document. Can anyone recommend a decent alternative? Thanks!
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    Curious, what's wrong with it? It works pretty good for me - you have to scroll a lot when you zoom in - but after all you have a pretty small screen to read a standard letter size document.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I have all sorts of PDFs tht DocsToGo can't open, but PalmPDF can:

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I second the recommendation on PalmPDF. Something I just learned about it is that you can turn the pdf file into a doc file and read it in e-reader, or another doc program, and also Docs to Go. Under options at the top tap General and in the middle of the page is a drop down menu that lists various readers.

Under the file category at the top tap on PalmDoc and it will generate a doc file. This takes a few minutes if it is a large PDF file.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    When going to another page with pdf to go, it has to reload the whole thing and it takes forever. I saw PalmPDF but when I saw pictures of a Palm Tungsten I just kept going because I thought it was ancient.
    I think I have tried all of them ... Picsel Proviewer is the best/fastest, IMO. (It also is very expensive).
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Piscel Proviewer looks great, I watched the You Tube ? Its only $15.
    Palm PDF was updated to work with OS5 in 2006. It just works and works well for me, and of course it is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    Piscel Proviewer looks great, I watched the You Tube ? Its only $15.
    Yes, that's it. Although I paid like $25 or something like that, 3 years ago (for my 650 back then).

And believe me, I've tried Palm PDF ... and Proviewer is like 10 times better. Try both and see for yourself.

Note: I had a problem installing Picsel on my 755p. It's a known issue with Proviewer and newer Treos/Centros, it starts a reset loop after hotsync installation (only way to install it). You have to do a Warm Reset and then install it, to avoid the reset loop. At first I didn't know what to do (I did hard resets) and it stopped me from installig it for one year, until I felt like doing a google search for the issue and found how to fix it.

This is the link: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159119
    Last edited by Cheker; 11/05/2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Cheker,

Does Proviewer work on the Palm as it does in the YouTube video - the speed od opening a doc and how you zoom? - the reason I ask is because the YouTube video seems to show a WinMo device.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Does Proviewer work on the Palm as it does in the YouTube video - the speed od opening a doc and how you zoom?
    Yes, it does. The interface on the main screen is a bit different, but it does open and zoom the same way, EXTREMELY fast. Actually, you can also zoom-IN and zoom-OUT using the keyboard's keys "I" and "O", respectively, which I find it to be even faster (almost instantly) and more convenient. Also you can go to next pages by pressing the "N" letter on the keyboard, and it changes pages quickly.

Edit: I'm not sure if one can still purchase a Picsel Proviewer license. As I noticed a year ago and confirmed just now, their webpage for the Proviewer app (for Palm OS) no longer exists. I think they stopped selling and developing the app a while ago. Don't know if the re-sellers are really selling it these days or if it's just an error on their web's store and one can't actually buy it. Not sure.
    Last edited by Cheker; 11/06/2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Cheker,

One of the link above post #7 by groupsix which worked last night but not today and the link which seems to be the same:

http://tinyurl.com/5hztyt

It shows that it is still available but only for the Treo 650 - when I plug in the Treo 755p it is not available - but from what I gather - it is possible to install the Treo 650 version on a Treo 755p?

It seems it can do everything that the standard DTG that is built into the 755p can do, but do it faster and easier.

If it is possible to install the Treo 650 version on the 755p, I might just buy it, since it seems there is no trial version. Do you know how much memory it takes (how big is the memory footprint)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 11/06/2008 at 10:55 AM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    It shows that it is still available but only for the Treo 650 -
    Now, its not even available for the 650. And it was available for the 755 just before I posted that. I shouldve bought it then. Odd, I wonder what posting had to do with it disappearing.
    Dang you groupsix - your correct - you let the super secret out and they caught it! Bummer - it looked pretty cool!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So few things actually work the way they're sposed to, or the way you want them to, or the way they should. You stumble over one that does and <poof> it disappears. Sh*t.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I checked em all, nobody has it.

ebay
    treonauts.com
    everythingtreo.com
    mytreo.net
    treoaddicts.com
    treocentral.com
    treotoday.net
    ihatemytreo.com
    killpalmos.com
    treomakesmecrazy.net
    treomonkey.zoo
    justwantaphonethatworks.com
    itossedmytreo.org
    Last edited by groupsix; 11/07/2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: sp
    groupsix,

I did some more searching also, but not as much as you did - I thought DTG was pretty good until I saw how Piscel Proviewer could zoom in and out without reloading the page - I wonder if the PalmPDF zooms in and out like Piscel Proviewer without reloading?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

it is possible to install the Treo 650 version on a Treo 755p? ... Do you know how much memory it takes (how big is the memory footprint)?
    There's only one version (for Palm), that's why I explained the minor issue installing it on newer Treos/Centros. But it can be installed on the 755p, as I did (fixing the installation problem with the warm reset, as I already commented on).

Footprint? Pretty big, 2MB. Totally worth it. Besides, I have plenty of free RAM available on my Treo (42MB), despite having 74 apps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    I checked em all, nobody has it.
    I'm pretty sure they never did, not in the past year or two. Picsel stopped selling it a while ago.

I wonder if the PalmPDF zooms in and out like Piscel Proviewer without reloading?
    Why don't you just install PalmPDF on your device and test it? It's pretty easy to delete it after playing with it if you don't like it.

Finally, I don't remember if Proviewer had a trial period or if it only works after entering the purchased key code but ... I will TRY to upload (when I get home tonight) Picsel's PRC file so you can try installing it. Don't know if this forum has a size-limit for uploading PRC's though.
    Last edited by Cheker; 11/07/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Cool.
    In case you miss it, I just sent a PM to both of you, groupsix and Mouseglider.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast