Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cheker,

Got it and replied - let me know if you didn't get it and I'll reply again.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Cheker, the installation was a breeze. Thank you! It's fabulous. It puts DTG to shame. I wonder why they didnt just buy it. Its a 14 day trial. I sent a message to Picsel's global HQ in the UK asking if and how I can purchase a license. Lets see what they say.
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    Cheker and groupsix,

I haven't tried the install yet as I too sent an email to Picsel's global HQ in the UK asking if and how I can purchase a license, and am waiting to see what they say.

I thought if I installed it without an answer that I would be spoiled and be bummed that I had to uninstall it.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 11/09/2008 at 10:12 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Compared to DTG or PalmPDF, Proviewer=very fast. Proviewer on Lightspeed=scary fast!

Please post your replies from developer re: purchase. I don't want to let this go!!!

bk
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thats two days without an answer from Picsel. I have a feeling that they're not tripping over themselves to respond. I'd call them, but I dont think my VZW plan includes international calls.

MouseGlider, you hear back from them?
    groupsix,

I responded to your PM - they do have a USA office I think in CA. I doubt the answer will be any good - I doubt the company would jump thru hoops for $15 to $30 bucks for us two that want to buy it - maybe we can set up a one time group buy or something - that may generate a few more dollars for them.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

groupsix, MouseGlider

I'd like in on that if you don't mind. I am amazed by the way Proviewer functions. If you haven't already checked it out, see the History screen in Proviewer.
    krazman,

If anything comes out of this I'll let you know.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Thank You MouseGlider!!!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I called Picsel in SF. I was told I could submit a request from their website. When I said I did that 3 days ago, the woman took my email address and said she would submit the request to licensing in Glasgow. So I guess we'll wait and see what happens with that. I mentioned that Proviewer wasnt available anymore, but she didnt comment.
    Nice work, groupsix!
    Any reply from Picsel? My trial ended. Had to delete and reinstall. Another 14 day trial works, but I would prefer to pay for a keycode so I don't have to waste 15 minutes deleting and re-installing every 14 days!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    I would prefer to pay for a keycode so I don't have to waste 15 minutes deleting and re-installing every 14 days!
    The more you do it, the easier it will be twice a month.

I called SF again yesterday and spoke to the woman I spoke with the first time. She said she had not heard back from Glasgow. So she sent them another email, got a response and then forwarded it to me. It bounced around intra-company a few times-the recipient didnt know the answer, so he asked someone else etc. The last stop on the trail was this:

We discontinued selling Proviewer and took the website down last year in October. The version was compatible with handsets shipping Palm, Win CE and Symbian and at no time was directly sold by Picsel. Customers could buy the license from Handango website. Also, to the best of my knowledge no product updates were planned and hence the website (www.picselpowered.com) was taken down as well. In short we are no longer selling the Proviewer.

Duh. I called Handango, but since I couldnt remember the acct# or an email address attached to the original order they couldnt help. Had I, it wouldve still been a dead end-how could they sell what they dont have to begin with. In the email, there was a reference to a Sprint BB user who also inquired recently and Sprint told him to contact Picsel directly, too.

*****************R.I.P. Picsel Proviewer******************
    Gone, but will live on in our hearts and on our Treos thru bi-monthly reinstalls.
    groupsix,

Thanks for the work you put into this - but bi-monthly reinstalls? - ouch!

BTW - do you and krazman have to do the warm reset thing before you install - and if you don't do you get the reset loop?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Thanks for the great effort groupsix!

Bi-monthly re-installs are an inconvienience, but Proviewer is well worth it, IMO.

Yes, a warm reset is required. I drag the install file to my 755p via PdaReach (avoiding sync). The loop starts and I do the warm reset. I tap the install icon, it installs and then opens itself. 14 more days of use.

For the record, the ViewerUserData file is the one controlling the trial countdown. If there was a way to save just this file BEFORE proviewer opens the first time, it might be possible to only have to delete the expiring VUD and copy the new virgin VUD to the device from the SD card. This might avoid the full install, hard reset, etc. Normally, I wouldn't post this, but since Proviewer is no longer being sold and we did offer to pay, I don't think this violates the developer's interest.
    krazman,

Could you explain to me in detail what a warm reset is? Is it that you pull the battery and before you reinsert the battery, you hold the "D" pad in the up position and let it finish booting, and then do a hotsync to install and then do a soft rest afterwards?

Because when when I do the above the phone radio can't be turned on until I do a soft reset.

Thanks.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

MouseGlider
    Correct. Works the same for me. I'm no expert, (but I play one on TV). I think a warm reset is similar to Windows Safe Mode on a PC.
    krazman,

The confusing thing for me was when you do a warm reset the phone section wouldn't work so I thought if you hotsync'd simply to install the program after that it would screw up the sync'd stuff on your computer.

I have not tried Picsel Proviewer yet because I was waiting to hear from Picsel - but groupsix gave me the bad news - so now I know what a warm reset is, I might just give it a go

So you play an expert on TV - cool.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

yup for some reason it wont install without doing a warm reset. (warm reset is like safe mode in windows in that no applications are running except whats neccesary, thats why the phone portion is off and will not turn on until it soft resets)

Mouseglider.....I sent u a pm over on 1src.com. Did you get it?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krazman View Post
    Bi-monthly re-installs are an inconvienience, but Proviewer is well worth it, IMO.
    Definitely!

I moved the setup file from my laptop with BT, did a warm (system) reset before the install and a soft reset after the install. No loops.

Where is the ViewerUserData file?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast