1.    #1  
    I have a Centro and a Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset. The headset was working adequatey with the Centro until very recently (I'm not impressed with how Centro works with a Bluetooth headset, but at least it worked).

However, it has stopped working. The device is set up and ready to go. When I go through the setup again, it finds the headset and pairs it just fine. I select it as the device I want connected. But the Centro phone does not recognize that the Bluetooth headset is powered on and paired. It no longer works.

I recently got a new laptop and I am synching my Centro with the laptop via Bluetooth with no problem. My problems with the headset started around the time I got my Centro connected to the new laptop via Bluetooth--maybe it's jealous?

Perhaps I am missing a step in disengaging the laptop bluetooth in order for the Centro to work with the headset bluetooth??? Any suggestions?
    Try this:

As soon as you select the headset as the device you want connected, try making a call to voicemail. That worked for me. Even though the BT icon did not change to the headset icon after selecting the headset as the one you wanted activated, it recognized the headset as soon as I placed the call to voicemail.

Let us know if that works...
    Occasionally I would have problems with my 700 and a headset. I would end up deleting it from the list and repairing it from scratch.
  4.    #4  
    No luck. GRRRRR.

It worked OK before I started synching my new laptop to the Centro via bluetooth, so I suspect that may be an issue.

I may have to remove the laptop setup and see if it will work then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janknitz View Post
    No luck. GRRRRR.

It worked OK before I started synching my new laptop to the Centro via bluetooth, so I suspect that may be an issue.

I may have to remove the laptop setup and see if it will work then.
    Upgrade to the new (verizon onlt 1.03) rom, that resolved my BT issues. Also, I had a few BT headsets in the past that stopped pairing with my phone. I thought it was the phone until I was able to pair it with my wife's BT. Do you have another BT HS you can see if it will pair up to? If it does not, upgrade the ROM ( If you have Verizon) and see if that works.
  6.    #6  
    You hit the nail on the head!

I took both devices to Verizon and they were trying to figure out which device had the problem by pairing another BT headset to my Centro. After doing that, MY Motorola headset started working again.

It makes no sense, but it's working fine now!

I am so happy to have my BT headset working again. I HATE wired headsets!

I particularly like the Motorola's style because it doesn't go in the ear. The in the ear headsets always hurt me after a while. It seems that the wired sets all must go in the ear to provide sufficient sound.

Now, if someone could come up with a way to get the Palm device to permit voice dialing via BT, I'd be in heaven!
    Just an observation:

Doesn't it seem that Bluetooth is just voodoo magic? I wish someone would develop a new short-range wireless technology that "just works."