1.    #1  
    i am a palm user for 9 years and loved them. but my new sprint palm treo755 as well as my returned centro cant handle 3,600 contacts. palm tek support states they CAN hold 10,000 contacts. it MAY hold them but it wont handle it well. it freezes when hitting "delete" or "done" or "notes" before becoming usable in several seconds.
    it is also amazingly slow searching for contacts.
    any ideas?

also very tired of palm issues with my new mac.BUT am used to convenience of having all my documents etc. editable on touch screen. are there other devices that do this? and if so, can palm documents and contacts be converted to work on others devices?
    may need to go back to old fashioned separate phone and separate palm.
    thanks,
    jerry
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erryjay View Post
    i am a palm user for 9 years and loved them. but my new sprint palm treo755 as well as my returned centro cant handle 3,600 contacts. palm tek support states they CAN hold 10,000 contacts. it MAY hold them but it wont handle it well. it freezes when hitting "delete" or "done" or "notes" before becoming usable in several seconds.
    it is also amazingly slow searching for contacts.
    any ideas?

also very tired of palm issues with my new mac.BUT am used to convenience of having all my documents etc. editable on touch screen. are there other devices that do this? and if so, can palm documents and contacts be converted to work on others devices?
    may need to go back to old fashioned separate phone and separate palm.
    thanks,
    jerry
    Maybe try Lightspeed to overclock the performance of Contacts? Not sure if that would speed up the process or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by erryjay View Post
    i am a palm user for 9 years and loved them.
    jerry
    9 Years: Do you have a bunch of programs on your phone? Could 1 or more be slowing the search? Try reloading just the PIMs after a hard reset to see if the native device can run with the 3600 alone.

Also maybe Initiate or IQContacts could run faster and better than the native program.
  4.    #4  
    this is a brand new treo 755 out of the box, nothing added.the brand new centro i returned suffered same issues. cannot efficiently handle 3600 contacts while palm teks say it can handle 10,000. i never thought of installing another contacts application. thanks for the tip.
    It actually sounds like you may have a bad record or two. With that many contacts, you are bound to have some corruption. Might want to run dbscan or another scanning app for the databases.
    Actually I think I remeber reading soething liek this over at 1src.com Dont really remember though as its been a while.

Have you looked at any 3rd party software that could possibly get you by this?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    My Treo 755p has over 6,600 contacts in it. No problems w/ adding, deleting, notes, etc. It is VERY slow to search compared to my old 650. I really need to go through and clean out a bunch of old contacts, but who really has time for all that?

I would love any suggestions for making the contact search faster, but no errors here w/ all the contacts.

- Jeff L.
    Sycamore, IL
    You could try using lightspeed to over clock your processor. It has a free trial .