View Poll Results: How long have you been regularly using your Treo 680?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • long time... over one year

51 75.00%
  • about one year

7 10.29%
  • a few months

10 14.71%
  • failed on me

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, I just pulled the trigger on a Google Nexus 4 (LG E960). The tricky part will be getting my PIM (calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.) over to the Nexus. I have a plan involving Outlook and a CompanionLink.

Actually, my Treo 680 is still kicking strong. No broken buttons or anything. I'm thinking of passing it to my 13 year old as a starter phone. It's been a GREAT run, but it's time to move on. Wish me the best.

In the end, I hope LG does great things with WebOS. Only time will tell on that one, in the meantime, I'll try and enjoy the Android/Google Experience.
    Orrr... you could just export your calendar by category, and import each as a new calendar into Google, where your Nexus 4 would really shine. Same goes for contacts. For tasks, I ended up sticking it out with Google's built-in tasks syncing with the Tasks app from Google Play.

The memos part I moved everything to Evernote.

Having everything in the cloud isn't as bad as it sounds. You just have to worry less about backups and more about privacy. And when you get used to it, pure convenience. No more desktop apps to run and maintain, no more drivers or cables to fiddle.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I had a 650 from 2005 until 2008. That's when the case was unable to be reglued back together (for the 4th time). Then I went with the 800w.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Orrr... you could just export your calendar by category, and import each as a new calendar into Google, where your Nexus 4 would really shine. Same goes for contacts. For tasks, I ended up sticking it out with Google's built-in tasks syncing with the Tasks app from Google Play.

The memos part I moved everything to Evernote.

Having everything in the cloud isn't as bad as it sounds. You just have to worry less about backups and more about privacy. And when you get used to it, pure convenience. No more desktop apps to run and maintain, no more drivers or cables to fiddle.
    I followed your advice on the calendar. It works just fine.

I will never be comfortable with the cloud, I'm probably too old for that. I've kept and backed up my stuff for over ten years and never lost anything. It is neither hard or a burden. After all one has to fiddle with the cables anyway to charge these silly devices, what's on more button click in the meantime? Convenience is not worth my privacy.
    Well, I had to move on from my 680. It was working fine until I tripped over the charging cable and knocked it off my night stand head first onto the tile floor. The IR and vibrate button literally exploded so it's now in my tech mausoleum. My new device: a shiny new 755p on Verizon.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234