View Poll Results: How long have you been regularly using your Treo 680?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • long time... over one year

51 75.00%
  • about one year

7 10.29%
  • a few months

10 14.71%
  • failed on me

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    After 3 horrible Treo 650 experiences in 6 months, I called ATT with fire in my eyes and demanded a refund or exchange to the 680. That was the week after launch and they hooked me up.
    Was a phenominal device until I downgraded it to ATTs horrible v2.11 firmware virus. She's been laggin' along ever since (but with a better BT stack). But It's now two years old and still good. Pretty decent hardware here.
    Patrick Horne
    I honestly don't remember the exact date, but it's been a while. Hmm...quick search shows that I received my order confirmation in March of 07, so almost two years. It replaced my silver Zire 72 and RAZR combo. Still works fine day to day for my usage, definitely well enough to wait until the early adopters guinea pig the Pre and webOS and see if AT&T is going to get one.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Over a year now
    I just bought a "new" one off Ebay for a pretty good price, to arrive sometime next week.
    I've had mine since launch. Bought it directly from Palm, unlocked.
  6. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Over two years - Thanksgiving/black Friday. Waiting on a GSM Pre but may go to IPhone or G phone if an interesting update occurs or they don't launch on ATT. I think the Pre is right up my alley, however, so very hopeful my patience pays off.
    Since it came out. Works perfectly. I'm happy. The only thing I really want is wi-fi.

As for the Palm pre--no sd card slot, small screen it seems, not many apps available---I'll keep what I've got for the moment. In fact, 6 months back I bought a second one off of ebay at a cheap price just as a backup for when I travel.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i've had mine since the beginning and it still works and looks great. however, i probably will replace it when the pre comes to att.
    morris stalk
    Coming up on 2 yrs. Silver covering n program kesy flaking off and allowing keylight to shine through, but functionally it's been a rock solid performer.

Local AT&T store has no Palm OS devices to upgrade to, they're even out of the white Centros. I'll have to wait for the EOS or PRE to come to AT&T.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    got mine Dec 08... love it! I paid $120 for an unused, as new crimson 680... can't fault it in any way. does everything I want it to. no problems with Opera web browsing, I even like Blazer for mobile sites, kinoma streaming youtube and Orb TV, 5GB of music, lots of documents, mylocations and google maps. perfect car mount and charger, skinui, LOTS of NES games with LJP, email syncing with exchange and gmail, goosyncing with googlw calendar... TealOS and treolauncher, appicon for my icon styles, sharklinks for web shortcuts, the list goes on and on... how am I ever gonna replace it?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    and yes, I typed this on my treo
    I've had mine for a couple of years, and love it! It is my constant companion, & can't imagine being without it! I even bought a back-up on e-bay in case anything happens to it! Love the keyboard, all the 3rd-party programs, and hope programmers keep making apps for the Palm OS - after all, thousands & thousands of people still own them!
    I've had mine for just over a year now. Very pleased with it, sorry to see Garnet being dumped by so many developers...
    I love that treo 680. Over the holidays, someone accidentally ( I hope it was an accident) dropped it into some mayonaise on a picnic table, and didn't notice it for about an hour or so, because it was in back of the barbeque. well the back part with the battery was covered with mayonaise when I got it back, and I just took out the battery, wiped it down, and then next day after it dried out, it worked great!And it was already a couple years old even before that happened. Damn its a tough old phone!
    My 680 is over a year old.
    Got mine a few months ago because the good wife didn't like the call quality on the 650. The 650 felt faster though.
    I have had mine since the beginning of the 680. I am beginning to get tired of it. I am now pondering what to get next.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg View Post
    I have had mine since the beginning of the 680. I am beginning to get tired of it. I am now pondering what to get next.
    I was thinking that myself--but then I thought, WHY am I tired of it? It does everything I want but for one thing--wiFi.. Other than that upgrading seems to cause more problems than it solves. I won't buy a device without an SD slot. I need something that will open Mobi secure books as well as eReader. will the Backgammon game I like be available?

My setup works. It's great. It does what I want. I am resisting the urge to impress the cool kids by tossing away something that does everything I want to get something new that doesn't do most anything I want.
    Last edited by Mark Squires; 10/07/2009 at 05:01 AM. Reason: typo on word "solves"
    Hear! Hear!

I just started synching to Outlook 2007, and found Fonebook, a sort of "add-in" that adds my contacts' primary pics from Facebook into Outlook... so it's like the Pre's synergy, but done manually..

Aside from that I read all my ebooks off my Treo 680, although I'm sure when the Pre is launched here in Manila, I'd be hard-pressed not to get one along with the Classics 2.0 app... that should minimize the learning curve and that feeling of loss for my apps/setup when moving to a new platform.

Oh, and I've since removed it from the Brando Crystal Case... it feels soo much better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by E.LesterBrown View Post
    I love that treo 680. Over the holidays, someone accidentally ( I hope it was an accident) dropped it into some mayonaise on a picnic table, and didn't notice it for about an hour or so, because it was in back of the barbeque. well the back part with the battery was covered with mayonaise when I got it back, and I just took out the battery, wiped it down, and then next day after it dried out, it worked great!And it was already a couple years old even before that happened. Damn its a tough old phone!
    Yes, unlike some earlier Palm models, where I questioned the quality control, the Treo (with the Headcold headphones applet) is awfully durable.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast