Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've upgraded my Centro to 1.03, and haven't noticed any major upsides or downsides yet.

One issue that I hoped would be fixed, but was not, is the display turning on (then quickly back off) when passing through marginal signal areas.

Especially annoying at night, in the car, with the phone on a windshield mount.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    So, those of you who upgraded, please let us know what it has improved and if there are any issues....

No problems here so far! Only change which I've noticed is the improved bluetooth headset connection.
    Found this over at Palm's forums:

Specific enhancements

The first is to add an error message when there is “no service” and a call is dropped if applicable.
    · Here is the technical explanation (Palm has added software support where if service is lost immediately after origination, modem disconnects the call with "no service" error which is not handled as an error. So no UI is displayed. This was fixed by adding in a handling code of "no service" call disconnect as an error.)

The second is for the Columbus Ohio and has to do with a NAM programming.
    · Here is the technical explanation ("Upon programming of the NAM via the keypad, OTASP/OTAPA, or support tool, this setting shall be set to Automatic-A if the first SID/NID pair entry of the current NAM is odd, or set to Automatic-B if the first SID/NID pair entry of the current NAM is even."
    I don't have any bluetooth issues, don't live in Columbus (born there though), and rarely have no service. My Centro is working great, so "don't fix what ain't broken."
    Quote Originally Posted by credditt View Post
    I've had no issues, but it's only been 24 hours. The only difference I've noticed is the better bluetooth connectivity with my bluetooth car kit (see my other post above).

I think I have slightly better signal strength in my house, but that could be my imagination.
    Yes, me too. I was having some BT problems and yesterday I tried dialing several numbers and kept getting "dialing" and never connected. I had to pull the battery but calls were a bit choppy. I upgraded and BT is instant and calls through the headset seem louder and clearer!!

I have no idea what the upgrade did, but BT and RF seem to be a main part of it. Everything else seems the same.

EDIT: a note to add, seems that MMS messaging is WAY faster!!!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I see no reason to rush out and do this vague update... best let the early adopters be the guinea pigs
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had the software on the phone as of 10/10/2008. The only bug that I found when it was being tested by me was when the phone rang the touch answer would not respond to the first touch every time. The phone is a lot more stable on the new software other wise.

Also on some brands of BlueTooth the phone would somtimes boot all by itself on the old software. Now with the new software that problem is gone.

Issues corrected
    1) CDG3 Air Interface, 1.3 mobile station originated call success rate. The 690P does not display a call fail notification when an origination is unsuccessful.
    2) CDG3 OTA-Service Provisioing Service request. The device defaulted to autoB. in some markets that it should have been on auto A.
    3) updated version of dataviz is available via download from the 690P only

I find that the new software is much better than the old. Good luck

The above is the only release notes I was giving by the Engineering group. All other info. that I have at this point is Proprietary info.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I chatted live with a Palm rep. Here is what he told me about the update:

The first is to add an error message when there is “no service” and a call is dropped if applicable.

• Here is the technical explanation (Palm has added software support where if service is lost immediately after origination, modem disconnects the call with "no service" error which is not handled as an error. So no UI is displayed. This was fixed by adding in a handling code of "no service" call disconnect as an error.)
    Unfortunately, it doesn't resolve any Bluetooth issues... But be sure you are using one of the compatible headset devices listed specifically for your provided. Those devices are listed in Palm's support pages. I'm not allowed to put links in my messages, so that's the best I can do to direct you to the site.
    Just found this site and forum and this is my first post. I read through the replies regarding this new Verizon Centro update.

For those that have installed it, is there any update to the handset volume while on a call? I just find the current level to be way too low, even on the max setting. Just wondering if the patch raises the max volume level.

Thank you!
  10.    #30  
    I'm not sure as I have only really been using BT for making calls. If after trying the update your problem isn't resolved, you can try what a lot of other people on these boards have mentioned:

http://software.treocentral.com/prod...VolumeCare-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lyrictenor1 View Post
    I'm not sure as I have only really been using BT for making calls. If after trying the update your problem isn't resolved, you can try what a lot of other people on these boards have mentioned:

http://software.treocentral.com/prod...VolumeCare-Pro

Reading reviews and compatibility it seems like it has nothing to do with BT headsets!! Only wired and speaker.

I am also having the same problem with BT earpiece volume...my voice (outgoing) is fine but earpiece is low. I have asked this question several times with no response so I assume everyone has problems with their BT earpiece volume and have no resolution.

All other phones I could hear my voice in the earpiece when using the phone only (I forget what that is called) however I can't hear my voice in the earpiece of my Centro....
    one change i see is when i send files form my laptop to my centro, my centro now tells me the name of the computer or phone sending the file

never used to do that
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    I ran the updater from SD card a few days after it was officially released.
    The only differences I've noticed personally are:
    blazer now sometimes complains about having to refresh pages if stopped before complete page download
    my USB tether *might* be a little faster or more consistently quick than it was before the update (I had topped out at 1.7 Mbaud/sec before update once, but got 1.6 Mbaud/sec on the first download after update and at least 1.3 Mbaud fairly often here at home with 1-2 bars of signal strength)

I had a weird issue the other day which required soft reset, was in a low-signal extended area and the Centro kept trying to "broadband access connecting" in the middle of trying to dial out, or after failed dialout. Wouldn't stop it until soft reset, then it got 3 bars signal and was fine.

I was hoping the update would unlock the aGPS, but no such luck. The #*#location# from phone keypad still reads all zeroes, and still, no GPS software can see the aGPS, says it ain't there. Pthhp. I might have to move on to another phone, this palm OS lockout of the aGPS really annoys me, and VZW doesn't seem interested in doing anything about it either. Hate it that I can be tracked without being able to access the same information myself. This was the PRIMARY reason I tried the update.
    I installed the update a couple of weeks ago and it has been working good. Not really any difference I can see. However, lately my battery seems to be dying sooner than normal. I don't know if my battery is getting weak, or if the update is causing it to run down sooner.
    I have noticed that since the update I can't send category or event by bluetooth from the calendar, and I could before. Can anyone else with the update try this to confirm it is a problem caused by the update?
    This is a big PITA because that is how my wife and I sync our calendars. At least I can beam. Forward into the past!

edit - thought I'd point out that I can receive calendar updates by bluetooth, just not send.
    Last edited by kpgdenver; 01/08/2009 at 06:38 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12