1.    #1  
    I downloaded and successfully installed MiniTones but it wont discover any mp3s Any ideas?
    Are they Mp3s and are they on the card? I don't the directory matters although the phone does like to see them in the AUDIO folder on the card.
    same happened to me last week.

the cause was some corrupt folders in the SD. No information was lost but some folders with strange names and impossible sizes appeared because i ejected the card from a card reader before a data transfer had stop .
    I use MusicTones instead of Mini Tones as I have heard thet MiniTones is not a Centro friendly program but MusicTones will work better.
    I've been using minitones for almost a year now, and havent had a single software related problem. The one problem i did have was just not having enough free space on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_o_tool View Post
    I've been using minitones for almost a year now, and havent had a single software related problem. The one problem i did have was just not having enough free space on the phone.
    You know that this is nice to know b/c I just went by "rumors" about the centro not getting along w/minitones. I have a treo 680 and my cousin has a centro and I was planning on installing musictones on her centro but I guess it doesn't matter which one I install into her centro (minitone or musictone), as they should both work.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_o_tool View Post
    The one problem i did have was just not having enough free space on the phone.
    if you love having several mp3 ringtones then you should do some work on your computer, lowering the bitrate of each ringtone.
    i do all my mp3's at 128... but I am thinking about do some for my phone at 98... Also, unless I am wrong, minitones will do ogg vorbis files as well....
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    if you love having several mp3 ringtones then you should do some work on your computer, lowering the bitrate of each ringtone.
    Why? What does this accomplish...does it decrease the size of the mp3 file?

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    yes. sometimes significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    yes. sometimes significantly.
    Interesting. I'm currently getting about 450kb for a 30 second clip of an mp3 at the default bitrate which, I'm assuming, is 128. I'll have to experiment with lowering the bitrate and see how it affects the sound quality vs file size.

Thanks!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley