Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    On my Centro I use a Plantronics 220. It is a entry level with the best sound inbound and outbound. I have bad hearing and this bluetooth volume level is better than a hearing aid. It was sold on this site but not anymore. It is sold at WalMart. $24-$29.
    My BT volume is not as loud as I would like it to be through my headset....for me to hear, that is. I have everything cranked WAY up. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this "problem"?
    i have tried a couple different jabra bt headsets with my 650 and now my 680. i finally gave up on jabra and got a jawbone.. it picks up while the treo is still in the case.. no on complains about the sound quality and i can hear great.
    I have had my Sprint Centro for almost a year now, been using a Samsung WEP 220, and havent heard of any sound complaints.
    caller sound quality complaints resolved -

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170959
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I chatted with a Palm rep today. He informed me that I was not using a Centro Verizon Palm-compatible Bluetooth device. They said that my Plantronics Voyager 510 nor my Motorola H12 were on the compatible list. That list can be found in Palm's support pages. I'm not able to put links in my replies, so I can't direct you to the link. Sorry.

There is a separate link for Sprint phones and other providers. In fact, I know I saw my Plantronics device on one of those lists--may have been Sprint's, and may be why I the device didn't work properly with my Verizon phone. I am going to try out one of the devices on the list, and report back. Another $60 down the drain...
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDiva View Post
    Another $60 down the drain...
    Why aren't you purchasing your Bluetooth headsets at places that let you return them? $60 for the 510 seems like a regular price so many normal local stores should carry it for that price.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I purchased it from Verizon...I just kept it to long thinking I would resolve the issue on my own. Too late to take it back now.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    You can probably still return it to Verizon. Just make the argument you bought the phone from them and the headset from them and you were waiting for the Verizon update to see if it fixed the problem, but it still hasn't.

If they won't process the return outright, they will probably offer you credit on the account or offer to swap to a different headset.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDiva View Post
    I chatted with a Palm rep today. He informed me that I was not using a Centro Verizon Palm-compatible Bluetooth device. They said that my Plantronics Voyager 510 nor my Motorola H12 were on the compatible list. That list can be found in Palm's support pages. I'm not able to put links in my replies, so I can't direct you to the link. Sorry.

There is a separate link for Sprint phones and other providers. In fact, I know I saw my Plantronics device on one of those lists--may have been Sprint's, and may be why I the device didn't work properly with my Verizon phone. I am going to try out one of the devices on the list, and report back. Another $60 down the drain...
    here's the link
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    You can probably still return it to Verizon. Just make the argument you bought the phone from them and the headset from them and you were waiting for the Verizon update to see if it fixed the problem, but it still hasn't.

If they won't process the return outright, they will probably offer you credit on the account or offer to swap to a different headset.
    Thanks...I will try. Anything's worth a try. I actually ended up buying the Motorola H685 Bluetooth Headset from Amazon for $35.
    Having had experience with GSM in the past and now on CDMA, I have much better reception, voice clarity and call quality with Sprint's CDMA.

I think a lot of voice clarity has a lot to do with the carrier signal and your individual reception.

My bluetooth device is a Motorola H500, I don't use it as much as I use just the speakerphone capabilities of the Centro.

The feedback I've received from callers is that they can hear me quite well. Only occasionally do I run into situations where there is poor call clarity. Not enough to upset me like previously when I was with a GSM service and the calls were inconsistent, garbled or there was a problem with the Treo 650/680 device itself.

Overall I am very happy with my Sprint Red Centro!

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    i use jabra bt 2020. it is cheap and no problem with centro and tro680
    my h12 sucked.

i switched to the new jawbone and everyone says my calls sound perfectly clear. I hear some static on my end from time to time but on the other end they have all said it sounds great. Every bluetooth on my centro before that was crap and people said it echoed.

I just recently switched to an 800w over my centro and it's about the same.
    I sure hope I will be. I just ordered two from Sprint. Our contract was up, so I got myself a baby-****-green 128 MB Centro to replace my old 650 (broken LCD, stuck keys, I'll probably fix it up for one of the kids), and got the old model Centro in pink for my wife. They should arrive tomorrow.
    I use Sony Ericsson BT hardware and they all work perfectly with the Centro, except in the car kit where the Centro does not support phonebook and name dialing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12