1.    #1  
    Well, I just upgraded my home computer and installed 64 bit Vista. I am very disappointed that my 700p will not be recognized. I searched Palms support site and downloaded the new desktop that they suggest. That didn't solve the issue either. It doesn't appear that the drivers support 64 bit Vista, is that correct?

Before I posted this, I did a little searching to see what problems others have had. I see that I am not the only person to have this issue, but the older posts that I was reading were from over a year ago. I would think that Palm would have solved the driver issue by now. Has anyone gotten their device to work with 64 bit Vista?

Thanks

Daryl

Never mind. I just seen a side note on Palms sight that said that they don't support 64 bit vista.

Well, I've been considering moving to a new hand held. I've been a long time Palm user, but I have been very unhappy with this Treo. There are a lot of new alternatives out there, and if I have to move to a Mobile Windows phone, then its time to move to something that will have all of the features that I am looking for, and the new Treo's just don't have what I want.

Daryl
    Last edited by rosede; 10/28/2008 at 08:10 AM.
    There are a LOT of apps that aren't properly supported by (or don't support) 64 bit Windows, be it XP or Vista. There's little reason to go 64 bit for a desktop box, unless there's a particular app that can take advantage of it and runs really slowly on 32 bit. Probably 98% of the apps you can buy today get any advantage from the 64 bit OS at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm just going to have to disagree with you here.

Of all of my apps that I just finished installing, and many of them are several years old, the only one that doesn't work is the drivers for my palm treo. That is because palm has chosen not to support 64 bit.

This and a long list of other reasons, palm has really soured my opinion of them. I've been a long time palm user, but I just can't find any reason to stay with palm. I've read in this forum, and several other forums about their lack of innovation. Their product line has become stale and I'm not the only one who has been expressing these concerns.

I've looked at the 800 and pro, but their nothing more than repackaged 750 and centro's. If I have to move to a windows mobile device to be able to get some of the features that I want, then I'm going to move to a device that considerably more high end and has much better features, built in.

Daryl Rose