Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hey all! I'm new to the Centro, but I've used the Treo before. Anyway, I've messed with my Centro and pretty much have a good amount of apps installed.

I just have several questions, that maybe only certain people can answer. They may seem pretty stupid, but hey, I'm curious! I have searched and couldn't find answers to them.

1. If I were to install 4cast, a weather program that downloads its information from Yahoo!, how would it go about getting the information on the weather? I would think through my service providers internet (T-Mobile...so T-Zones?). If so, does that mean I'd be getting charges for that?

2. Which is better, iPhoneImitation or Touch Launcher? I have Touch Launcher, but it seems a little bit unorganized... Or perhaps iSpin or that new MAC OS X theme?

3. Are there any other good apps that people feel necessary I should have?

Thanks for your help! I'm always weary of all the things that may happen if I use apps that cause charges on my phone bill. lol.
    1. it would go through the internet connection (assuming you use the OTA method) so charges would apply. 4Cast does have a hotsync update method so you wouldn't have to use the internet connect per se.

2. TreoLauncher, I don't have much experience with the two you listed.

3. There is a long thread on this topic in the Centro forum. Give that one a read. (I think it was called top 5 apps. There have been similar threads on the 755, 700p, 680 forums and they would also apply.)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks man. I appreciate you answering my questions. I was looking for that thread actually lol. Thanks again!
    I have both Touch Launcher and Treo Launcher.
    Touch Launcher is nice but it does take a long time to set up how you want it.
    Treo Launcher is the one I use most. It is very much like the launcher that come with the phone with exception you can customize it. I made my background black and changed a couple other things. Like the Touch Launcher it takes time to set up.

For Weather I use xWeather (requires a data plan)
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S