1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm looking for a news, sports, entertainment, finance reader. Any ideas about the best ones? My feeling is that it's better to have a downloaded app because updating would probably be more efficient and faster than simply browsing around.
    Quick News.
    Pocket Express?
    My vote goes for Pocket Express.

I vote Pocket Express
  6.    #6  
    Seems like a consensus. Pocket Express wins!
  7. UserOne
    Just another "me too" post... I had an older version of Pocket Express installed on my 755p that came with the phone. While the app does have some annoyances & some features are pay services, for what you list above... news, sports, entertainment, etc... I would also suggest Pocket Express. I use it for the same things daily.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The Pocket Express is great but there are lots of 3rd party programs out there, so just keep on searching.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  9. crp
    http://m.keytoss.com

I use it daily on my 755P. After you complete a free registration, you can configure your content sources (including RSS), weather, sports teams you follow, news etc., either directly on your device, or, point to the desktop version of the site & pick your content there.

Quick, easily configurable and free.

HTH,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
  10. crp
    http://m.keytoss.com

I use it daily on my 755P. After you complete a free registration, you can configure your content sources (including RSS), weather, sports teams you follow, news etc., either directly on your device, or, point to the desktop version of the site & pick your content there.

Quick, easily configurable and free.

HTH,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    Resco Neews
  12.    #12  
    thanks for all your advice. I've been using Pocket Express for several days now and it has been pretty interesting and useful. Not just from the "killing time" point of view, but also in terms of real, actionable information.
    Another me too post. I am new on these forums but I really like the Pocket Express app on my Treo 700p. I tried a few rss readers but Pocket Express has so many "other" features apart from news that it makes a great all-in-one application
    Did anyone notice that Pocket Express lost the Tech Help icon on the bottom right of the main screen? Or am I the only one?

Edited: Got it fixed from an older backup
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 12/12/2008 at 12:18 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p