1.    #1  
    For a while now, when I try to Hotsync it would freeze at Contacts-Address Book. Since I backup nightly to a memory card, it wasn't a priority.
    Today I tried to tackle it. I purchased DBFixit from Pimlico and it would reset my Centro when it tried to check the "addr AddressDB" file and tried once again to Hotsync. This time it went through the process and generated a Log Error that said that the Address Book sync was aborted. Is there anyway to repair this? Or is this corrupted beyond repair?
    I need to Sync this to Outlook, I am probably moving to WM and don't want to half to input my entire Address Book by hand.
    do you know how long the database has been messed up? AKA can you restore to an earlier version?
    This happened to me. Same problem over and over. Never did figure out what caused it. I did a hard reset, moved my user file from My Documents to my Desktop. After the hard reset and HotSync I moved everything back one at a time. It corrected the problem. I'm sure it was a 3rd party app hanging things up. It is a bit tricky moving contacts and calendar back. When you move them back and ask if you want to replace click yes to all. Also you need to re-enter the codes for all you 3rd party software. The problem hasn't come back.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
  4.    #4  
    Well, I deleted every program on my Centro. It still freezes when it gets to the Address Book. Looks like I am hosed.
    Have you tried using any of the database scanning utilities?
  6.    #6  
    dbScan and paid for dbFixit.
    Do you have access to another palm? If so, backup the contacts on that phone; delete the contacts databases on that phone; beam the contacts over; delete both of your contacts databases; beam the contacts back over to your phone; restore the other phone's contact databases.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridatony View Post
    This happened to me. Same problem over and over. Never did figure out what caused it. I did a hard reset, moved my user file from My Documents to my Desktop. After the hard reset and HotSync I moved everything back one at a time. It corrected the problem. I'm sure it was a 3rd party app hanging things up. It is a bit tricky moving contacts and calendar back. When you move them back and ask if you want to replace click yes to all. Also you need to re-enter the codes for all you 3rd party software. The problem hasn't come back.
    If you did not move your user file from My Documents it will pick up whatever was causing the issue before.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S