Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1.    #21  
    Thanks westman. That is what I did too with my pc but it was so much better to go there with Kinoma. <sigh>
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Thanks westman. That is what I did too with my pc but it was so much better to go there with Kinoma. <sigh>
    For me, it's a good way to kinda have a back-up in case Librivox experiences another problem. Plus, SAG is more stable through PTunes than Kinoma.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #23  
    Someone at Brighthand seems to have figured out the problem. Apparently it could be the link and not the network:

    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=263198
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    Am I missing something here or didn't Charles say above that the books themselves are hosted by Librivox themselves and that the issue is that their server can't handle all the traffic ?
    Yep, that's what I said. This isn't a Kinoma issue at all, so switching versions will have no effect.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Someone at Brighthand seems to have figured out the problem. Apparently it could be the link and not the network:

    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthread.php?t=263198
    I doubt it's even that. I think it was just one of those things. Content was unavailable for a while. Now it's back.

    I know it can be frustrating and difficult trying to distinguish coincidence from evidence, but I don't think this is a Kinoma thing, in this case.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I doubt it's even that. I think it was just one of those things. Content was unavailable for a while. Now it's back.

    I know it can be frustrating and difficult trying to distinguish coincidence from evidence...
    Definitely. We certainly take all content playback problem reports seriously, but in this case it appears to be a temporary outage.

    BTW, Librivox audiobooks are hosted by the great Internet Archive (archive.org). It's a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so donations are tax deductible.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  7.    #27  
    westman thanks for letting me know it is back. Whatever the reason it is working again and that is what I am happy about.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions