1.    #1  
    hi everyone, I just downloadad Gmail 2 mobile java app and converted it to PRC. However, it does not go beyond the login screen on my Palm TX and on my Centro.

Anyone smater than me able to do this right, or have we lost compatibility?

Please give it a try if you want. It DOES NOT WORK and hangs your palm...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yep I get just a white screen with an exit button in the bottom left. Same thing happened when I tried to install it through the J9 tool.

I'm on a Sprint Palm Centro.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I tried it on my treo 755p and it does not work. I have been using Gmail.prc that I found in this page:
    discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=127921&page=6

and it works well so far. The Gmail mobile 2.0 has some new exciting features, and if someone can make it work on treo/centro/palm, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by guiyoforward View Post
    hi everyone, I just downloadad Gmail 2 mobile java app and converted it to PRC. However, it does not go beyond the login screen on my Palm TX and on my Centro.

Anyone smater than me able to do this right, or have we lost compatibility?

Please give it a try if you want. It DOES NOT WORK and hangs your palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yep I get just a white screen with an exit button in the bottom left. Same thing happened when I tried to install it through the J9 tool.

I'm on a Sprint Palm Centro.

After several tries, I was able to download and install the .jar file using the IBM tool on my Centro from this url http://m.google.com/app/v2.0.6/L1/gmail-g.jar . Gmail - 2.0.6 now shows in the Midlet List and when I tapped the Launch button , I got the Gmail sign in/password screen but could only add my email address then the screen went to white and froze up. At least we are starting to get closer.
    I haven't gotten past a loading screen where it says "Please be patient while Gmail loads for the first time..." and an "Exit" button on the bottom left corner of my AT&T Centro.

I tried converting both the .jad and .jar versions to PRC using jartoprc_w.exe tool from the JVM 5.7.2 zip package.

The jad version gets me to the loading screen mentioned above while the jar version gives me a blank screen with the "Exit" button.

I haven't tried either version on my TX just yet.

Gmail_2.0.prc was converted from the .jad version.
    Gmail-g_2.0 was converted from the .jar version from the link provided by antmelnat
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Devices: T|X, AT&T GSM Centro
  6.    #6  
    exactly the same here. CENTRO and TX freeze at that point.
    same here when I tried it on my centro
    Palm Centro (VZW)
    W/ 1GB SDHC
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    i donno if this helps anyone but...
    http://gmail.com/app/gmail.jad?make=...00p&ver=v2.0.6
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl360 View Post
    i donno if this helps anyone but...
    http://gmail.com/app/gmail.jad?make=...00p&ver=v2.0.6
    For what is the file linked here?
    So is there still no solution for running the GMail app on the Centro?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I created my own PRC from the GMail 2.0 JAR, and like many others, it mostly hangs with a white screen and a small "Exit" button in the lower left corner. However, I have gotten it to the GMail login screen twice after deleting/reinstalling, and it seems to hang there. I've tried sending stdout to VFS (Palm\Programs\stdout.txt), but there isn't anything there. I think Google has some compatibility problems with GMail2, hence no support for us or the WinMob folks.