1.    #1  
    I've been having a problem with my Treo 680 where every minute or so it will freeze for approximately 5 seconds and then unfreeze.

If I am typing a text message, in the middle of doing so it will freeze for 5 seconds and I can't type anything and then after the 5 seconds I can resume typing. It remembers only a few characters if I type while it is frozen.

It does this in other applications too.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!!!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, it could be a number of things, but I would suggest the following:

First, when was your last device reset? This may clear it.

Second, are your time settings set to poll the network for date, time and time zone information? If they are - turn this off. This may also need to be combined with a soft reset too.

What applications are you running and have you updated anything recently?

Is the device trying to download a MMS? This can cause pauses on my own device. So too can Chatteremail+ too if it is processing a long queue of messages (such as I've just deleted a few hundred on the server and Chatteremail+ is updating).

Related to the above, how is the signal? A poor signal and an open data connection sometimes causes my 680 to seemingly think about things a little, but it's probably related to Chatteremail+ above.

Finally, you might want to take a look at Palm Internals to see what notification events are in the queue. My 680 has around 400 notification events and four that trap HEDE (excluding SafeGuard) and I do suffer from the occasional pause, but never for five seconds, more like half a second. If you have a few hundred more this may help.
    i'm having the same problem lately, it must be some notification.

My HEDE are:

Power Hero
    KeyCaps600
    FieldPlus Notify
    Hi-Launcher

I'm going to disable Power Hero Log feature to se if there are changes
    Last edited by oronzous; 10/22/2008 at 01:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    i'm having the same problem lately, it must be some notification.

My HEDE are:

Power Hero
    KeyCaps600
    FieldPlus Notify
    Hi-Launcher

I'm going to disable Power Hero Log feature to se if there are changes
    Maybe - maybe not... Where people have other problems, KeyCaps600 is often named so you could try this?

I've had no problems traced back to Hobbyist software; I seem to be a bit of a fan boy though, as I have Butler, Initiate Pro, Genius, PowerHero, Phone Technician and Reset Doctor installed...
  5.    #5  
    I just did a hard reset and it appears to have done the job! Thank you very much!
    I've been having the same problem ever since upgrading to the new ROM. 2-11_ATT. Hard reset didn't help...
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    I am so through with my Treo I'm about to throw it out the window. This is the 3rd one I've had in ONE year (and I love technology, but I've never had that many new phones in ONE year) for several different reasons but the delay has never been fixed. EVER. If I turn off the phone, most of the time the delay stops. But if I'm on the phone and have to enter digits or something, it's over. Piece of crap phone. Next stop, the Samsung Epix!
    My AT&T 680 exhibited the same problems and I, too, was ready to throw it out the window but I just got used to it. I recently got an unlocked 680 and it is a world of difference-minimal freezing, faster switching, and Blazer loads almost instantly, like the Centro. I guess not having all of AT&T's junk on the phone really makes a difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.