Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    One of the biggest things I hate about my Centro is scrolling with the 4-way. I don't like how one click down moves almost the entire page, like when using Blazer. I would like it to scroll like it does when you use the stylus and click on the down arrow. Anyway to make this change?
    In Blazer, open the prefs and change the tap and drag setting to "scrolls Page" (File, Preferences, General). If you want to scroll little by little in blazer, enable "Wide mode" (File, options, Wide page mode) Or if you want to change scroll settings for the entire phone you would have to install a separate program. Butler can change the scroll speed.
    I've always hated that, too. Why would they make the wide mode scroll so nicely and the optimized mode so clunky?? The smooth scrolling makes it MUCH easier to read, with the optimized mode it's very easy to lose your place, especially if you have a smaller font installed. & using wide mode on a regular web layout is annoying because you'd have to scroll left & right as well as down. Poor oversight, in my opinion.

Anyway, if you happen to be visiting a page made for viewing on a mobile device, if you switch it to wide mode it will still look pretty much the same on-screen (sometimes even better) and you can scroll the 'good' way just fine. I hope they update this in the next version of Blazer..

As for Butler, I'm pretty sure the function agheler is talking about is the button repeat speed feature that just controls the repeat speed and rate of a button hold, such as: when you hold the 'down' directional button, it gives you control over how soon it begins the fast scroll after the initial move, and how fast each following scroll is repeated in succession. Which doesn't help with the 'clunky' optimized Blazer scrolling.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Wide Mode that works exactly how I wanted it to. Thanks!