1.    #1  
    Hi, folk. You all right?

Well, the Softick Audio Gateway leave my Treo 680 in looping continuous, and the Hard Reset do not erase RAM files, because when I choice "up", only finish with a simple Soft Reset.

How my Treo have more than one year; and the warranty is gone, there is someway to erase all RAM?

I has tested Soft Reset, Warm Reset, Hard Reset, Zero Out Reset (that not working in this model), bootloader mode (Soft Reset pressing Hotsync Cable button) and nothing, and I don't wanna pay to send my device to Palm only to do this with a serial cable (here in Brazil, they gonna send back only after many weeks)...

Someone can to help me with other solution?

Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 11/04/2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Changing the doubt.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hi, folk. You all right?

Well, the Softick Audio Gateway leave my Treo 680 in looping continuous, and the Hard Reset do not erase RAM files, because when I choice "up", only finish with a simple Soft Reset.

How my Treo have more than one year; and the warranty is gone, there is someway to erase all RAM?

I has tested Soft Reset, Warm Reset, Hard Reset, Zero Out Reset (that not working in this model), bootloader mode (Soft Reset pressing Hotsync Cable button) and nothing, and I don't wanna pay to send my device to Palm only to do this with a serial cable (here in Brazil, they gonna send back only after many weeks)...

Someone can to help me with other solution?

Best Regards...
    So your 680 doesn't hard reset when you reboot with the power down, then it asks you for confirmation? Not good.

Have you tried a ROM update?
  3.    #3  
    Hi, DervMan. U all right? Thanks for reply.

Well, there is some way to run a ROM update without load system?

Because the device only reboots after load the Palm logo, and the two ways that I know; and I tried, don't work: using a SDCard; but I need that the Treo work, and with a USB Cable, but need to run a hotsync in Treo to work.
    If the Treo Rom Tool was working in Treo 680, was an option... but it without bootload mode, don't work, too.

In the end, is this: I'm opened to sugestions!!

Best Regards...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm out of ideas, but I could suggest your poor Treo has an accident with a hammer...

http://www.dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip...9061.strip.gif

...then you call your home contents insurance company?

I don't think I coudl do this to my own device though...
  5.    #5  
    Well, I changed the title to other option...

I my actual condition, there is someone that can to explain if I can to do a procedure or short circuit, the same way that we can to erase a bios in desktop motherboards? Thanks to all, again...

Best Regards...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hmm... I gave my Treo 680 a hard reset last night. I had messed about with an application that broke it. Okay so I had uninstalled SafeGuard and that put it into a reset loop heh.

Well the warm reset (push and hold the up button down) didn't seem to be working so I tried the hard reset. That meant keeping the red button pressed down during the progress bar movement across the screen under the Palm logo. You need to keep the button pressed during this bit then let it go and it asks you if you're sure.

It took me a couple of reset loops to get this to happen as if you don't have the red key pressed during this whole process, it doesn't work...