1.    #1  
    Hi Guys! I'm new to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone here has loaded TouchLauncher. If so, have you had success loading different wallpaper other than what comes with it?

When I load my own jpgs, I get the wierdest thing: on all of the pics, there are 2 names across the top in black letters: "James Brown" and "John Smith"---see attached pic!!!. This is on any jpgs I pull up to use as wallpaper on TouchLauncher--the owner of TouchLauncher hasn't replied to my questions regarding this matter. I checked the jpgs, and viewing them normally in Palm OS (Pics & Videos) those funny names do not show up! ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. UserOne
    You are getting those names when you hit the "preview" button right?

If so, those names are simply added to give you an example of how your information will look with the specified wallpaper... it is only an example & will not show if the wallpaper is actually saved as the TouchLauncher wallpaper.

I have the registered (purchased) version of TouchLauncher (currently using version 1.3) and have not had any issues with using my own images (jpgs, etc.) as wallpaper.

If you are having another issue, please respond with more detail and I'll try to help you as best I can.

L8R

P.S. Attached is an old screenshot of my TL setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Cool, it worked! Thanks so much! Hey I have another question: The TL website talks in their FAQs about the ability to have unread SMS messages appear in the SMS icon on the main screen. I've sent myself text messages from another phone to test it out and it doesn't work! I think it may be beacsue whenever I get a new text message, I get a "pop-up" announcement, so I guess the TL app considers it read. Any ideas on how to take advantage of this unread feature on the icon? It's a great program/launcher--I really love it---THANKS for your help!

~10
  4. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by THEPRFCT10 View Post
    Cool, it worked! Thanks so much! Hey I have another question: The TL website talks in their FAQs about the ability to have unread SMS messages appear in the SMS icon on the main screen. I've sent myself text messages from another phone to test it out and it doesn't work! I think it may be beacsue whenever I get a new text message, I get a "pop-up" announcement, so I guess the TL app considers it read. Any ideas on how to take advantage of this unread feature on the icon? It's a great program/launcher--I really love it---THANKS for your help!

~10
    Glad to help... you are correct on the SMS icon, if you get the pop-up message displaying the new text, it is considered read. So, the icon in TL doesnt show it... if for some reason you do not get the notification pop-up or miss the incoming SMS, that is when you will see a little '1' on the sms icon... showing that you have one unread message.

Personally, I think that feature is simply meant to ensure you are aware of your incoming text messages... so you do not miss any. If you already know the SMS came in (due to the pop-up notification or whatever), than the TL features is kind of unnecessary and could become more of an annoyance than a good feature.

Just my .02.... L8R
  5.    #5  
    I agree, thx for your help!!! P.S. do you use/like the touchbook for the contacts that he put out??? Didn't see very good comments on the net!!!
  6. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by THEPRFCT10 View Post
    I agree, thx for your help!!! P.S. do you use/like the touchbook for the contacts that he put out??? Didn't see very good comments on the net!!!
    I do have TouchBook installed on my 755p and think it is a very nice looking contacts app... I especially like how it can register between full screen swipes & short ones for page scrolling.

However, I use SHSH's TAKEphone app to replace my OEM phone app and the contacts portion of TAKEphone is quite useful & already integrated into the app I use anyways for making phone calls so that is what I use more often than not. If I did not have TAKEphone then I would most likely use TouchBook alot more often than I do at the moment.

The one instance that I do find myself switching from TAKEphone to TouchBook is when I am just browsing my contacts list. Say like when I am simply looking at the "restaurants" category trying to decide what to get for dinner hehe. While the TAKEphone contacts app could easily perform this same task, I seem to gravitate back to TouchBook for browsing.

As far as not having "good reviews" on TouchBook... I couldn't comment on that as I find it an excellent contacts app with a beautiful interface, some nice/unique features and its free! Not sure what's not to like on that one .

Just my .02... L8R