1.    #1  
    I'm a new Centro user, unfortunately under Verizon. I may be new to the Palm world but I'm not completely retarded, either... I've been searching forums for hours. Although, I've found some really great apps, I still haven't found specifically what I'm looking for, and I'm really not up for spending another hour googling all the apps in the 'centro must have apps' thread.

I would really love a MIM Client that doesn't suck, preferably a free one. AIM is all I really desire, although MSN would be great. MunduIM suck, as well as IM+ and Toccer doesn't get along with my centro.

Second, I would really like a better launch application. I'm currently using Touch Launcher, I used to use Treo Launcher but it wasn't as aesthetically pleasing, but that part is truely the least of my worries.

Most importantly, I would really, really, REALLY love to be able to have a dedicated back button or something of the sort for my centro or something of the sort. I don't care, I'm really not so picky.
    SarahAshley
    LiveLaughLove
    For the back button, download Butler. There's a setting in the program to make the side volume buttons go forward and back through your recent programs, I use it all the time. Much faster than holding the home button for a second to get the list of recent apps.
    One other thing, concerning a 'back' process:

Like the dude(?) above said, you may already know that you can press and hold the Home key (the one that looks like a little house). Press and hold it, and your last 7 recent apps will show up. So that might get you a little closer to what you want.

One MORE thing about that - if you keep ahold of that key, that top app that shows up on that list will get launched on its own. Again, you have to hold onto the house button - keep hold of it, and that top app will get launched.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I knew that but... I like instant gratification, haha. :]
    Bulter is definitely an amazing application, I'm forever grateful for whoever wrote it, ha... It pretty much solves that problem to the best I think it can be... or until someone makes a program that dedicates one of the keys go to the last screen you were at, and that seems extremely complicated...
    SarahAshley
    LiveLaughLove
    I don't think that is possible with the Garnet OS. I have never seen a program to function as a "back" button like BlackBerry's or other regular phone types.

For a luncher, try Zlauncher. It has THE most customizable options out of any launcher program.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Actually, I think TreoLnchr is pretty damn aesthetically pleasing. Especially once you get a good wallpaper, hi-rez icons, and install SkinUI to make the window decorations look better.

What's wrong with the built-in IM client? If you did not like Mundu, there are a couple of free ones out there, one is Gizmo (looks just like IM+) The other one is Webmessenger. Once again, the looks aren't much of a problem when SkinUI is applied (I use the Tiger skin which I recolored red and it makes everything look awesome)

Finally, as opposed to using home screens or recently used app lists I have always preferred using shortcuts as they are global in Centro, so it works much faster.

Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    What's wrong with the built-in IM client? If you did not like Mundu, there are a couple of free ones out there, one is Gizmo (looks just like IM+) The other one is Webmessenger. Once again, the looks aren't much of a problem when SkinUI is applied (I use the Tiger skin which I recolored red and it makes everything look awesome)
    The built in IM client uses SMS to send messages, not an internet connection.

Personally, I use toccer on my centro. Its not pretty but it gets the job done.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Only when it's running in the background. Its a power-saving feature.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've always liked LauncherX
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    I've always liked LauncherX
    launcherx is nice, but isn't being developed anymore. I used it on my 600, but I've since moved to zlauncher and its been working well on my 680 and centro