1.    #1  
    I sync my Treo 680 with both my home computer and my work computer. Sometimes the synchronization with my work computer generates an error message when it gets to the Calendar synchronization, then when I resync it creates duplicate calendar appointments for any appointments originally created in MS Outlook (I sync with MS Outlook on my work computer).

My home computer has XP & Palm Desktop. My work computer has XP and MS Outlook.

The problem started occurring several weeks ago when my work computer was upgraded to XP from W2K. The problem only occurs on my work computer, and only after I've just synced with my home computer. Each time it happens I have to go in and carefully delete the duplicates.

The sync log shows the error message as:
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0D-0034
    OLERR:0D-0026
    OLERR:0D-0006
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Fast Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    I've had this happen with my 700p with exactly the same scenario. I never found a way to prevent the problem, but you can prevent the duplication of entries on the next sync.

Before doing the next sync, right click the hotsync icon in the toolbar and select 'custom.' Then change the sync option for calendar to either 'handheld overwrites desktop' or 'desktop overwrites handheld'. If you've entered appointments in both, you'll lose some, but that's probably easier to fix then removing all the duplicates.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Bob,
    Thanks for the workaround.

If you choose "Handheld Overwrites Desktop", does it screw up any of the features in appointments originally created in Outlook? For example, do the Outlook appointments lose their invitees?
    last time i had that error, i used DBfixit. it has a function to remove deleted records
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinhar View Post
    Bob,
    Thanks for the workaround.

If you choose "Handheld Overwrites Desktop", does it screw up any of the features in appointments originally created in Outlook? For example, do the Outlook appointments lose their invitees?
    I haven't had to do this in quite a while, but I don't believe it caused any problems. Might be safer to go the other way, I suppose.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.