1.    #1  
    I was just over at HandMark looking for an update to MobileDB when I saw that they had a word processor called WordSmith Pro 2.0.

I thought WordSmith was authored by Blue Nomad. Has the software been sold or are they both producing a similar product with the same name?
    Looks identical to me except that they added something called "wordcomplete," that mimics textplus. Maybe they licensed it?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    Looks identical to me except that they added something called "wordcomplete," that mimics textplus. Maybe they licensed it?
    This is strange... why would Blue Nomad give the rights to another company to compete against them? with the same name of the product? It's even the same price.....

I'm going to drop an email to Blue Nomad and see if I get an answer to this question. I let you all now soon.
    It even includes FineType...

I found WordComplete on Palmgear (http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...12&prodID=3770) as a stand-alone app, so maybe Handmark is just bundling the two together and reselling it.
    --
    ThirdMan
  5.    #5  
    And here's the answer.....

Hello #####,

Thanks for your message, we have licensed WordSmith to Handmark. This is the
    same WordSmith indeed! We are happy that Handmark will be taking WS to retail stores
    in the future.

Thanks,

Bobby Genest
    Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    support@bluenomad.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:01 AM
    To: support@bluenomad.com
    Subject: Blue Nomad or Handmark

I noticed at Handmark's site www.handmark.com that they are selling a word processor called "WordSmith Pro 2.0" and it looks identical to Blue Nomad's version.

What is the difference? Are these software products the same? Was this licensed to HandMark?

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.

Thank You,
    #############
  6.    #6  
    Maybe they licensed it?
    Give the man a prize for answering question correctly......
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs
    And here's the answer.....
    [...]We are happy that Handmark will be taking WS to retail stores
    in the future.
    Retail, Eh? Hopefully, that will help WS against DTG et al!
  8.    #8  

Retail, Eh? Hopefully, that will help WS against DTG et al!
    Don't go knockin' DTG now. It works great for what it was intended to do.
    yup! you guys got it right! From what I've heard, is that Blue Nomad wanted to get into retail, but it's a lot easier to have someone who's already their distribute it. Their bundling WS2.0, and some other thing together, (wordcomplete) and sellign it as wordsmithpro! Look for it at your favorite compusa soon I would think!

hmm at $29.95 that's the exact same stuff, just you get a free peice of sw.. grrrr
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff