1.    #1  
    I used to use my Treo to download mp3's from free podcast links from various websites back in the. These days, I can't seem to get that to work on my Treo anymore.

Here's an example: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/lib/wi...tober82008.mp3

I don't think having this option was dependent upon any particular third-party application. Any suggestions on how Treo users in general, or 755p users in-particular, can download such files?

If anyone knows of any solution, I'd appreciate it, but I'm especially concerned that our phones might not be able to download like this, out-of-the-box.

Thanks, in-advance.

(I'd rather download them via Treo to my sd card to play back at my convenience and with the application of my choice.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2.    #2  
    I just tried thisamericanlife.org's free podcast/mp3. No dice. THAT ONE I'm confident I've downloaded in the past. (From that source, anyway.) I'm confident that both are available via pc.
    I'd like to know how to do this too. I used to have no problem but now I always get network timeouts when trying to download from libsyn or wherever.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    I was just wondering about this last week myself. I used to download and save all the time on KINOMA because i had a commute where signal was spotty so i could play it back during the no signal spots. there was an SD card icon at the upper right to tap if you wanted to save it, if it was savable. I have not seen the icon for a long time. Maybe an email to KINOMA may answer it. I'll post thier answer if i can.

Ky 7135, 700p, 755p, and waiting for the next one
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gap1200 View Post
    I was just wondering about this last week myself. I used to download and save all the time on KINOMA because i had a commute where signal was spotty so i could play it back during the no signal spots. there was an SD card icon at the upper right to tap if you wanted to save it, if it was savable. I have not seen the icon for a long time. Maybe an email to KINOMA may answer it. I'll post thier answer if i can.

Ky 7135, 700p, 755p, and waiting for the next one
    I've got the icon but it never seems to finish the job. There's no status bar telling me how much remains to be downloaded. It just warns me if I try to stop playback before download has been completed.

Well, before I post this, let me test it, again.

*tests*

Okay, I guess I stand (sit, actually) corrected. This time I didn't change the setting to "prefer download to streaming"; I simply clicked that icon you mentioned (which appears for me when I'm checking out NPR content) and the status bar, which shows how much is cached, apparently can also indicate when the download has completed. I started tbe download and then forgot about it. 15 minutes later, I checked and a 48 min podcast of Fresh Air had been downloaded. It never said so, but when I tried to stop playback, it didn't warn me.

I then checked the content stored on my sd card (using PTunes, but I'd imagine the same would be true of Kinoma or similar apps) and there was the appropriately-titled Fresh Air broadcast for 10-06-08.

Just don't expect Kinoma to TELL YOU that the download was completed. Maybe you've got a bunch of content already downloaded, but didn't know it?
    Last edited by west3man; 10/15/2008 at 03:40 AM.
  6. UserOne
    Replied to your other thread on this topic HERE. Kinoma 4 EX does seem to be the ticket... works well, just doesn't make a point to tell you the download is done.

L8R
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    Kinoma 4 EX does seem to be the ticket... works well, just doesn't make a point to tell you the download is done.
    Currently our products are more "podplayers" than "podcatchers", so I'll make sure to note this as a related feature request.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    thanks Kinoma
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I used to use a pod catcher program called porta podder that would work fantastic. it would let you save to sd and would play through ptunes or kinoma.
    It is still available through Palm gear and I think I started using it because of tc or mtdn................
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff